• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good are these Huskers?

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
Really tough to answer. After yet another slow start, I’ll credit them for getting that turned around fast enough before it became a huge problem. Those things can snowball quickly (see last year). I’m not sure if it’s because the Huskers are better, or the schedule is so bad? Is this a potential NCAA tournament team? It might be a while before that can be answered. In the meantime, keep winning.

I think this is going to be a better year just based on the attitude I see from the players. They seem to be playing for each other, which when it gets tough later in the year, will benefit the team when they can pick each other up. Hope those 2 freshmen arms from the pen yesterday can help us down the road. I also am encouraged by the power (HRs) so far. Way better than last year.

13th Nationally in Batting ave .330
130th in ERA 5.58

Inaccurate info and I know it wasn't intentional from ya.

Going to see some looooong games this year if that bottom stat doesn’t get turned around.

Except it has...

That bottom stat isn't accurate as our ERA is currently at 4.95 which (potentially) puts us in the T100. It's still reeling from the disastrous series at San Diego, a run an inning will do that.

Since the SD series, our team ERA is 3.60 which is lower than the 2021 completed season.

Last edited:
So many people wrote this program off after the San Diego weekend but now, it might be awhile to judge how good they are!?

Too funny.
How can ANYONE write off a team after only 4 games. I was disappointed with the results but it’s just as Northwood said. Warm weather team vs a cold weather team in our first 4 games.

So many people wrote this program off after the San Diego weekend but now, it might be awhile to judge how good they are!?

Too funny.
Who wrote them off? I didn’t see that, or say that. So then, tell us, how good are they, beating up on the sisters of the poor crowd? They’ve beaten no one so far with a pulse, less Vanderbilt. It’s a legit question.

Who wrote them off? I didn’t see that, or say that. So then, tell us, how good are they, beating up on the sisters of the poor crowd? They’ve beaten no one so far with a pulse, less Vanderbilt. It’s a legit question.

I've shared my opinion prior to the season, go find it. "Sisters of the poor crowd" is not only hilarious, it's straight ignorant but expected on this forum as of late.

See below. You're also welcome to head in to the game threads to see more, as well as social media. It's worse than a women on her period...

I never had much confidence in Bolt, even when he was a player. I thought he was soft, not tough enough to be a team leader. I cringed when he was hired as head coach because players tend to immulate their leader. This is a huge generalization on my part I know but a baseball team, to be successful, must have a culture of toughness built in. A willingness to play hurt, the ability to rise to the top despite the odds against you, and the ability to figure out a way to win when it just isn't your day. In other words Darrin Erstadt. I fear those qualities will not be high on Bolts list of priorities.

I’m just hoping for an 8 seed to the Big Ten tourney.

Team is total crap. Carey and a few others might be salvaged by the next coach.

After today, Bolt is coaching for his life the remainder of this year.

I’m hoping Trev let Bolt know in the off-season, that one ‘good’ year and three bad won’t cut it.

At this point if I was Trev I’d also let Bolt know he needs to win at least two games next week to keep his job and at least 3 over the next two weeks. If not we’ll let Childress see what he can do.

With that Minneapolis tourney out there in two weeks, if we don’t win at least two next week we’ll be staring 1-8-1 or worse in the face and the season will be over the first weekend in March.

. I haven’t been all that impressed with Bolt. I am not impressed with some of the skills, specifically hit tools, of many the players he has recruited. I also don’t like some of the pitchers he has recruited, seems to be too focused on upside. It’s not MiLB where you have different levels kids can work out kinks while developing. It’s okay to have some of those guys, but you need kids to come in and be productive college players quickly. Not in three years. There’s no time to teach inaccurate pitchers to throw strikes. There’s no mound time here for players to work through it.

If you don’t like what you are seeing right now…I think you just have to be a curmudgeon…LOL

unbelievably low error count.

Better on the bases…more alert…taking advantages of mistakes

Pitchers closing out hitters and not giving up those maddening 0-2 “big hits”

around 10 hits a game

Using Sac flies to score (big change from last year)

Virtually everything a remarkable improvement from last year.

And I don’t get this idea we have played an “easier“ schedule.

Vandy and Ol Miss easy?

Take out that opening 4 games and their play has been REMARKABLE!

I LIKE what I am seeing. Hope it continues.

If you don’t like what you are seeing right now…I think you just have to be a curmudgeon…LOL

unbelievably low error count.

Better on the bases…more alert…taking advantages of mistakes

Pitchers closing out hitters and not giving up those maddening 0-2 “big hits”

around 10 hits a game

Using Sac flies to score (big change from last year)

Virtually everything a remarkable improvement from last year.

And I don’t get this idea we have played an “easier“ schedule.

Vandy and Ol Miss easy?

Take out that opening 4 games and their play has been REMARKABLE!

I LIKE what I am seeing. Hope it continues.
Haven’t seen them but sure as heck going to trust YOUR judgement sir.

Hitting ahead of batting early.
I like what I'm seeing, they're doing what the should be doing imo.
My only question is, how good can they get? I would love to see them cranking it up late in the season!

Way better than last year.
It’s a remarkable change.

With so many of the same names from last year’s crew.

Amazing what a year makes in maturity and experience.

And coach Bolt and staff have to be congratulated thus far.

Long season…and assuredly there will be ups and downs…but what I have seen so far I really like.

Some “chemistry”….and confidence.

The thing so many people just don’t understand about baseball…the really heavy “football guys” …

Is baseball is streaky as hell, and you are never going to win them all. And 3-4 losses in a row in a season does NOT destroy your season like it does in football. Heck, you might wind up with two or three of those losing streaks and still have a great year.

Two years ago when we won the Big 10, I remember a particularly disastrous three game series where the Huskers were swept by a Rutgers team that had never won in Lincoln. So many people just wrote us off at that point it was ridiculous. Huskers bounced right back next 3 series and won the Big 10.

In Baseball it’s simple…win a series…move on.

In the end…you get there.

Last edited:

It’s a remarkable change.

With so many of the same names from last year’s crew.

Amazing what a year makes in maturity and experience.

And coach Bolt and staff have to be congratulated thus far.

Long season…and assuredly there will be ups and downs…but what I have seen so far I really like.

Some “chemistry”….and confidence.

The thing so many people just don’t understand about baseball…the really heavy “football guys” …

Is baseball is streaky as hell, and you are never going to win them all. And 3-4 losses in a row in a season does NOT destroy your season like it does in football. Heck, you might wind up with two or three of those losing streaks and still have a great year.

Two years ago when we won the Big 10, I remember a particularly disastrous three game series where the huskers were swept by a Rutgers team that had never won in Lincoln. So many people just wrote us off at that point it was ridiculous. Huskers bounced right back next 3 series and won the Big 10.

In Baseball it’s simple…win a series…move on.

In the end…you get there.
Pardon the comparison, but its much like hockey.
The 'on any given Sunday' holds true moreso in baseball, that is,unless your team has caught fire

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back