• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good are these Huskers?

Another loss to a bad team. That’s gonna hurt. They’ll probably need to win the automatic bid to get in the NCAA, at least, as of now. Better pile up the wins. Now, where are the dudes that were saying this was a good team? They aren’t, not right now. That said, it’s baseball, it could change for the better. A 10-12 game win streak would do wonders.

Another loss to a bad team. That’s gonna hurt. They’ll probably need to win the automatic bid to get in the NCAA, at least, as of now. Better pile up the wins. Now, where are the dudes that were saying this was a good team? They aren’t, not right now. That said, it’s baseball, it could change for the better. A 10-12 game win streak would do wonders.
The margin for error is slim in a weaker conference like this. They just need to start stacking wins and build confidence at the moment. They can still have a good season.

The margin for error is slim in a weaker conference like this. They just need to start stacking wins and build confidence at the moment. They can still have a good season.
What’s a good season? 30-22, or something like that? An NCAA bid? A deep run? A college World Series birth?

This is a mentally fragile pitching staff. Too harsh? I don’t think so.

Wasn’t Rob Childress hired to help Coach Christie with his pitchers? I realize it’s early but mental issues tend to be much harder for a pitcher to overcome than physical ones.

Bolt doesn’t get off the hook here either. I wonder why he chose to pull Hawkins so quickly? I watched Hawkins up close all of last summer and he typically struggled with the first four batters faced before settling in. Makes me wonder if he’s the best guy to act as a “set-up” guy for Walsh. Just weird all around.

Had a pretty strong feeling when we left the bases loaded late that the Jays would be the Jays and would gut out a win. Didn’t think the Huskers would pee down their legs the way they did. Disappointing to say the least.

I'm right here and goong nowhere. Great to see you active after a loss.

No, my goodness. And it's Christy.

Did Rob help Christy, remotely, in 2021!?
It’s not active after a loss, and it’s 2 BTW. You arguing this schedule is good, is a lie. It’s not. That’s why I asked the original question, which you seemed to take as #lamming the team. I wasn’t. You’re all over the place. Carry on.

It’s not active after a loss, and it’s 2 BTW. You arguing this schedule is good, is a lie. It’s not. That’s why I asked the original question, which you seemed to take as #lamming the team. I wasn’t. You’re all over the place. Carry on.

No, I didn't argue it's good. RPI and SOS in March is irrelevant. It's the same in April. It comes in to full shape in May. Those are the facts, that your pea sized brain can't understand but you keep on with your ridiculous straw-man.

Last edited:

No, I didn't argue it's good. RPI and SOS in March is irrelevant. It's the same in April. It comes in to full shape in May. Those are the facts, that your pea sized brain can't understand but you keep on with your ridiculous straw-man.
It 100% IS relevant when you play in the B10. You aren’t going to gain much strength of schedule playing conference teams, most years. The conference isn’t any good. Playing the weak sisters of the poor out of conference does zero. Nebraska should be playing Oklahoma State, Dallas Baptist, LSU, Texas Tech, etc, in a series, out of conference. It would toughen you up for May. Again, how good is this team? The correct answer is, we don’t know, although, I’m starting to lean towards pretty pedestrian.

Last edited:
No, it's not relevant in March. You're absolutely clueless regarding this.

Period.
I reckon we’ll see. Better pile up some wins. It’s not ok to lose to bad teams, and compete in a weak conference, and expect a bid. They gotta win games with this schedule. Too many losses to date. Attack when you have no answer. You’ve been proven to date, to be wrong, and you’re still bitching. Ok man, hope the cake is good. Enjoy.

I reckon we’ll see. Better pile up some wins. It’s not ok to lose to bad teams, and compete in a weak conference, and expect a bid. They gotta win games with this schedule. Too many losses to date. Attack when you have no answer. You’ve been proven to date, to be wrong, and you’re still bitching. Ok man, hope the cake is good. Enjoy.

You haven't proven anything. All you do is strawman and post BS non-sense. Multiple people have told you, it's irrelevant in March. MARCH M-A-R-C-H. My goodness.

I attack those who don't know WTH they're talking about. And that's you!

Last edited:

You answered your own (stupid) question with the first 4 words of your post, "Really tough to answer.". So no, you didn't ask a question as your pea sized brain already had an answer.

People like you are too easy. The only nonsense is coming from your fingers, on what use to be a great forum.

Hopefully NU is able to have your back with the attitude you have had in this thread.

btw, NU has a team ERA of 5.04

You haven't proven anything. All you do is strawman and post BS non-sense. Multiple people have told you, it's irrelevant in March. MARCH M-A-R-C-H. My goodness.

I attack those who don't know WTH they're talking about. And that's you!
You are delusional, and lost. Keep up the good work.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back