• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good are these Huskers?

Vandy and Mississippi were one game only. Outside of those two games, they’ve played no one really. Let’s not spin it because it’s the Huskers. Hell, they might be good, really good, who knows? Hard to tell against the competition NU has played so far.
What a bunch of garbage. I pointed out USD has played pretty well at times against ranked competition. South Alabama has a win over Tulane. And the games against Vandy and Ole Miss do count. SEC teams don't exactly like up one great team after another on their schedule. We haven't played the toughest schedule ever, but it's been decent and the handicap northern teams have in preparing for the early season games would make it ridiculous to go out and schedule a lot harder. That would just lead to more bitter complaining from the more clueless segment of the fan base. What's the point of constantly crapping all over everything? It gets old. It's actually OK to not say anything if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Last edited:

We'll see, that's why they play the games. Having seen the Sunday game at USD, I came away disappointed but confident the improvement over last year's team was meaningful, especially at the plate but even on the mound (believe it or not at that moment, though I think I posted it, so it's on the record). It's baseball and they're kids (kinda gigantic, athletic ones), so I'm prepared for the cruddy losses and stretches that inevitably happen, cuz that's what fandom is. As long as they keep playing, win (hopefully) or lose, I'll keep coming back; that's what I can control, not the schedule or someone else's way of "enjoying" their favorite team(s).

GBR!

D1Baseball.com

Kendall Rogers: I feel pretty good about where the Huskers are right now. Sure, they had that rough first weekend out in California, but they've played impressive baseball since that point. I know last season was frustrating, but that was just a blip and an aberration for me when you consider that coaching staff. It's back to business in Lincoln.

I asked a question, and you got your panties in a bunch. They are playing not good teams. Why the hell are you trying to argue that? I asked, how good are the Huskers? And you’re bitching about that? Get outta here with that garbage. It’s a legit question. And for the record, I never said NU baseball sucked. I asked a legit question that you’ve spun into a bunch of nonsense.
I have a question for you. You claim to be a husker fan, yet you doubt everything that is good going on with the team(wins). Why not just enjoy what is going on and save the negativity for later. You can always say I told you so. But you are missing the journey that this team is on.THINK Go BIG RED. Criticize us fans after the season if we are wrong. Let us enjoy the journey.

Last edited:

You answered your own (stupid) question with the first 4 words of your post, "Really tough to answer.". So no, you didn't ask a question as your pea sized brain already had an answer.

People like you are too easy. The only nonsense is coming from your fingers, on what use to be a great forum.
No, you spun a bunch of complete BS. There are far too many yes men on this site for it to ever be great, you included. Ignore the truth and spin the nonsense. Use feel good. And yes, it is very tough right now to say how good these Huskers are, while playing a junk schedule. Fact.

What a bunch of garbage. I pointed out USD has played pretty well at times against ranked competition. South Alabama has a win over Tulane. And the games against Vandy and Ole Miss do count. SEC teams don't exactly like up one great team after another on their schedule. We haven't played the toughest schedule ever, but it's been decent and the handicap northern teams have in preparing for the early season games would make it ridiculous to go out and schedule a lot harder. That would just lead to more bitter complaining from the more clueless segment of the fan base. What's the point of constantly crapping all over everything? It gets old. It's actually OK to not say anything if you don't have anything constructive to say.
No one crapped, it was a question. You got offended (imagine that). To try to spin this like NU is playing a decent schedule, is, well, dumb. They haven’t. That’s why I asked, and apparently you don’t like that.

I have a question for you. You claim to be a husker fan, yet you doubt everything that is good going on with the team(wins). Why not just enjoy what is going on and save the negativity for later. You can always say I told you so. But you are missing the journey that this team is on.THINK Go BIG RED. Criticize us fans after the season if we are wrong. Let us enjoy the journey.
I am enjoying it, why wouldn’t I? I simply asked a question (a fair question), about how good are they? What I get is several people being butt hurt over a simple question. Instead of being honest about it, folks get butt hurt over it. Why? The schedule sucks, to suggest otherwise would be trying to fit one’s narrative. Why not just tell the truth?

You asked a "question" and claim it's because you didn't really know the answer. But now you're arguing with everyone that didn't respond the way you thought they should, which would indicate it really wasn't a question at all. Seems to me it was just an excuse to crap in yet another thread.

See ya.

Yes men…
There are far too many yes men on this site for it to ever be great, you included. Ignore the truth and spin the nonsense.
Guess that be me. :p

Except you have never met any of these folks including me.

And if you knew me in person…it’s not the exactly the “nom de guerre” that would apply.

So let’s all just back up.

You don’t know how good the Huskers are. I would venture to say…at this point…no one really does except Coach Bolt and his staff. Or really have a good “feel” for the Huskers yet. Too early and baseball is a very long season.

You think the schedule is “crap”…most people don’t think that is the case. A disagreement but nothing more.

In the end..at this point…..they are winning and playing pretty damn solid baseball.

So it’s a very positive sign.

No, you spun a bunch of complete BS. There are far too many yes men on this site for it to ever be great, you included. Ignore the truth and spin the nonsense. Use feel good. And yes, it is very tough right now to say how good these Huskers are, while playing a junk schedule. Fact.

Kendall Rogers, who covers college baseball for his living, disagrees with you. Fact.

Your opinion is not only in the minority, it's straight garbage. Fact.

Your meltdown ITT is glorious. Fact.

You asked a "question" and claim it's because you didn't really know the answer. But now you're arguing with everyone that didn't respond the way you thought they should, which would indicate it really wasn't a question at all. Seems to me it was just an excuse to crap in yet another thread.

See ya.
Are you dumb? I mean really. I asked a simple freakin question, and you and one other have turned it into a SS. Do you know how good this baseball team is genius? With this schedule, you really know how good they are? Hell no you don’t. They could be pretty good, or they could get exposed down the line. That’s why I asked. Stop defending a crap schedule. It is what it is, junk. That doesn’t mean the team isn’t any good, just, how good?? It’s a legit question, and you gotta come off all ignorant, and start a conflict for no reason. Ridiculous.

Yes men…

Guess that be me. :p

Except you have never met any of these folks including me.

And if you knew me in person…it’s not the exactly the “nom de guerre” that would apply.

So let’s all just back up.

You don’t know how good the Huskers are. I would venture to say…at this point…no one really does except Coach Bolt and his staff. Or really have a good “feel” for the Huskers yet. Too early and baseball is a very long season.

You think the schedule is “crap”…most people don’t think that is the case. A disagreement but nothing more.

In the end..at this point…..they are winning and playing pretty damn solid baseball.

So it’s a very positive sign.
Who are most people who think this is a really solid schedule? They’ve played, and beaten 2-3 good teams. That’s it. What about the rest? Their RPI is 103, their strength of schedule is 205. The BIG is ranked the 7th best conference. I think the facts say otherwise to this point. Again, not once did I say NU sucked. The question was legit, and the facts back it up.

Last edited:

Kendall Rogers, who covers college baseball for his living, disagrees with you. Fact.

Your opinion is not only in the minority, it's straight garbage. Fact.

Your meltdown ITT is glorious. Fact.
RPI 103
SOS 205

Fact! The question is legit. You got owned.

Last edited:
Are you dumb? I mean really. I asked a simple freakin question, and you and one other have turned it into a SS. Do you know how good this baseball team is genius? With this schedule, you really know how good they are? Hell no you don’t. They could be pretty good, or they could get exposed down the line. That’s why I asked. Stop defending a crap schedule. It is what it is, junk. That doesn’t mean the team isn’t any good, just, how good?? It’s a legit question, and you gotta come off all ignorant, and start a conflict for no reason. Ridiculous.
download (2).jpeg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back