• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How good are these Huskers?

I've shared my opinion prior to the season, go find it. "Sisters of the poor crowd" is not only hilarious, it's straight ignorant but expected on this forum as of late.

See below. You're also welcome to head in to the game threads to see more, as well as social media. It's worse than a women on her period...
I’ve watched two games this year thus far. After my comment I might add. The baseball looked much cleaner than last year, far more fundamental. Gonna try to attend and watch a few more games this year.

Last edited:

I've shared my opinion prior to the season, go find it. "Sisters of the poor crowd" is not only hilarious, it's straight ignorant but expected on this forum as of late.

See below. You're also welcome to head in to the game threads to see more, as well as social media. It's worse than a women on her period...
Play better then, and you won’t get all the crap. And yes, their schedule sucks so far.

Inaccurate info and I know it wasn't intentional from ya.

Except it has...

That bottom stat isn't accurate as our ERA is currently at 4.95 which (potentially) puts us in the T100. It's still reeling from the disastrous series at San Diego, a run an inning will do that.

Since the SD series, our team ERA is 3.60 which is lower than the 2021 completed season.
I'll take a wait and see approach. Lots of games to be played and as always, "GOOO BIIIIIG REEEEED"!!!!

Definitely hope the more recent trend continues.

Play better then, and you won’t get all the crap. And yes, their schedule sucks so far.
I'm not sure what you mean by play better. They have one error over the last eight or so games. They're playing really well right now and it encompasses hitting, fielding and pitching. I wonder if we have the desired pitching depth but this looks like a much, much better team. Last year's team was incredibly young/inexperienced and the high expectations for last year's team weren't all that rational given all that we lost from the previous year.

As for the schedule, it hasn't been murderers row but Vandy and Ole Miss aren't exactly the little sisters of the poor. The USD team we struggled with on opening weekend has two one run losses at Oregon, a road win over 10th ranked TCU coupled with one-run and two-run road losses to TCU.

The schedule hasn't been nearly as weak as you're trying to portray it. It's a significantly tougher schedule than we had to open last year.

I guess I don't get the bombastic take on the program.

Last edited:

I will admit, after San Diego trip, I was ready to call it a season. All of the bad habits from last year showed early. Crappy at bats and approach. Pitchers not hitting spots and giving up hits on counts that they were ahead. Defense was suspect. Base running was comical. Just overall game awareness and execution. Which team moves forward from here?

I will admit, after San Diego trip, I was ready to call it a season. All of the bad habits from last year showed early. Crappy at bats and approach. Pitchers not hitting spots and giving up hits on counts that they were ahead. Defense was suspect. Base running was comical. Just overall game awareness and execution. Which team moves forward from here?
Where have they been consistent the longest this early?

As bad as that opening series was…

A couple ball bounces….

And we come out of San Diego 2-2

I get the idea of ”strive for perfection.”

But I am frankly tired of Husker fans bitching.

For……..I just don’t know what anymore.

The “good Ol‘ days”….or whatever.

If you don’t like the Football or Basketball or Baseball or the twiddleywinks team…

Why bother with the constant diatribes and negativity.

If you’re a fan…be a fan…support…help….be positive. You can’t put on a uniform and contribute….support is your only avenue to actually help.

The constant “down” does nothing except make you unhappy and pisses off the real fans.

And absolutely does not help Husker Athletics, the City of Lincoln or the state of Nebraska….at all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this. I probably am, but I believe it was *** a couple years ago who brought up the disparity in how scholarships are treated in the B1G as opposed to the SEC?

A process that puts the B1G at a sizable disadvantage?

I'm not sure what you mean by play better. They have one error over the last eight or so games. They're playing really well right now and it encompasses hitting, fielding and pitching. I wonder if we have the desired pitching depth but this looks like a much, much better team. Last year's team was incredibly young/inexperienced and the high expectations for last year's team weren't all that rational given all that we lost from the previous year.

As for the schedule, it hasn't been murderers row but Vandy and Ole Miss aren't exactly the little sisters of the poor. The USD team we struggled with on opening weekend has two one run losses at Oregon, a road win over 10th ranked TCU coupled with one-run and two-run road losses to TCU.

The schedule hasn't been nearly as weak as you're trying to portray it. It's a significantly tougher schedule than we had to open last year.

I guess I don't get the bombastic take on the program.
Vandy and Mississippi were one game only. Outside of those two games, they’ve played no one really. Let’s not spin it because it’s the Huskers. Hell, they might be good, really good, who knows? Hard to tell against the competition NU has played so far.

They have and here you are, bitching.

Their schedule > your crap posting.
I asked a question, and you got your panties in a bunch. They are playing not good teams. Why the hell are you trying to argue that? I asked, how good are the Huskers? And you’re bitching about that? Get outta here with that garbage. It’s a legit question. And for the record, I never said NU baseball sucked. I asked a legit question that you’ve spun into a bunch of nonsense.

I asked a question, and you got your panties in a bunch. They are playing not good teams. Why the hell are you trying to argue that? I asked, how good are the Huskers? And you’re bitching about that? Get outta here with that garbage. It’s a legit question. And for the record, I never said NU baseball sucked. I asked a legit question that you’ve spun into a bunch of nonsense.

You answered your own (stupid) question with the first 4 words of your post, "Really tough to answer.". So no, you didn't ask a question as your pea sized brain already had an answer.

People like you are too easy. The only nonsense is coming from your fingers, on what use to be a great forum.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back