• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How do we solve our red zone deficiency?

It requires a power run game and a QB who can hit small targets. We have neither.

As a general rule, they don’t let AM throw much in the red zone, and I think that is prudent.
Agreed. Takes lots of touch, accuracy, and quick and effective decision making to pass well in confined space. Those aren't Adrian's strengths. He is a better passer with more space and with his running can be really dangerous, just let so in a short field.

And then because of that teams can bottle up the run more easily. Add in the whole offense feeling the pressure so making mistakes. Just a tough combination.

Last edited:

I’m good brotha! I have more than I can handle as it is. Being single at this age isn’t too bad at all. I’m kinda enjoying it. Tons of divorced women out there around the same vicinity of age. Look around, pretty damn nice looking ones also. Hang in there pal, it’s all good.
Yep. True story, even in Nebraska :thumbsup:

As a few have already mentioned, throw jump balls to your tall TEs and WRs. If I remember right, Betts at some camp before college had an amazing catch in the end zone against elite talent. We kind of saw it with Manning against Oklahoma, too.

And for the 9 millionth time, if in year 4 we are putting freshman and sophomores out there, that is on Frost and Austin. Tired of that excuse.

It's not really an excuse, its just the reality of the situation. Frost's recruiting and the retention of the players he recruited has been pretty dismal. That has put the team in the situation that it is now. It isn't an excuse, its an explanation for how we got into the situation.

If Trev chooses to fire Frost because he "stumbled out of the box", he certainly has the power to do that. The better approach would be to figure out whether the processes that caused these recruiting and retention blunders have been repaired, or if they persist.

One way to stop our red zone woes is to not trip over our own feet on 4th and 6 inches, as an example.

Last edited:

And for the 9 millionth time, if in year 4 we are putting freshman and sophomores out there, that is on Frost and Austin. Tired of that excuse.
It's not an excuse, it's the younger players with the better talent. That's why they are playing. They just need more time together, you know, experience. Yes, better talent is on Frost & Austin. I don't know why you would be tired of better talent.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back