• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How about those USC Trojans!!!

Not all fans. I am a member of the Tournament of Roses and there are some connected people that are Happy that that Helton was retained. Probably because he is a good man that runs a clean program and not willing to cross that line, but we'll see if that support lasts.

They are in the minority. USC fans are not happy. You'll see it in attendance at the Coliseum next year.

They are in the minority. USC fans are not happy. You'll see it in attendance at the Coliseum next year.
I don't disagree about the attendance, SoCal fans have always been fairweather fans, but there is alot of money that wanted stability after Kiffin, Sark, and the admissions scandal.

I don't disagree about the attendance, SoCal fans have always been fairweather fans, but there is alot of money that wanted stability after Kiffin, Sark, and the admissions scandal.

Here are the thoughts of a major donor at USC... https://insideusc.blog/2020/01/12/major-donor-calls-usc-program-dog/ (I can’t quote it because it involves profanity.)

In addition to that, Marcus Allen and former coach John Robinson and other major names from USC have been hanging with Ed Orgeron at LSU all year. A vast majority does not like Clay Helton and they want him gone.

Last edited:
Here are the thoughts of a major donor at USC... https://insideusc.blog/2020/01/12/major-donor-calls-usc-program-dog/ (I can’t quote it because it involves profanity.)

In addition to that, Marcus Allen and former coach John Robinson and other major names from USC have been hanging with Ed Orgeron at LSU all year. A vast majority does not like Clay Helton and they want him gone.
Look, I'm not debating that SOME doners/fans are unhappy. I'm saying the FEW that I have personally spoken to are not saying the same things that are being printed in the media. It is a split fanbase right now, much like what the Huskers saw in the Pelini/Riley coaching change. I have no dog in the fight, just posting what I know through my contacts.

My guess is that this year will either make or break Clay. His recruiting class (last I checked) was not very good. He will either a) win a bunch of games and recruiting will pick up and the boosters will be happy or b) he will lose and it will take care of itself. I know that is simplified but if they can't win this year they will probably be in the tank for a while and good ole 'Urb' will come riding in on his white horse (he might literately come riding in on a white horse ;))

My guess is that this year will either make or break Clay. His recruiting class (last I checked) was not very good. He will either a) win a bunch of games and recruiting will pick up and the boosters will be happy or b) he will lose and it will take care of itself. I know that is simplified but if they can't win this year they will probably be in the tank for a while and good ole 'Urb' will come riding in on his white horse (he might literately come riding in on a white horse ;))

USC is last in the Pac 12 in recruiting, pal. Clay's year already broke. :cool:

Last edited:
Look, I'm not debating that SOME doners/fans are unhappy. I'm saying the FEW that I have personally spoken to are not saying the same things that are being printed in the media. It is a split fanbase right now, much like what the Huskers saw in the Pelini/Riley coaching change. I have no dog in the fight, just posting what I know through my contacts.

The split is much more drastic than Nebraska’s was. Right now it’s probably 90/10 at USC or worse. Did you see the bowl game against Iowa? And recruiting is last in the Pac 12. It’s bad.

If you want to talk about great scenarios for keeping Helton at USC to keep them from getting back to elite status, how about they finish 8-4 and lose a bowl game, but they upset Notre Dame, beat UCLA, and play in the Pac-12 championship game? Beating Notre Dame would buy a great deal of empathy, especially if it's deemed to be a huge upset of a highly ranked N.D. team. Since I can't stand either team, this is my way of hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
I like the way you think!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back