• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hornibrook leaving Wisconsin

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I felt he was decidedly average and would have been fine with Wisconsin having another year of a decided average QB under center.

I just saw that Hornibrook is leaving Wisky. I'm really surprised by this.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...k-transferring-from-badgers-football-program/
"
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I felt he was decidedly average and would have been fine with Wisconsin having another year of a decided average QB under center.
".....who has started 32 games for the Badgers over the last three seasons while going 26-6." With a good record like that, I am glad he is leaving, even though that opens the doors for their very high 4* Pro QB.

"

".....who has started 32 games for the Badgers over the last three seasons while going 26-6." With a good record like that, I am glad he is leaving, even though that opens the doors for their very high 4* Pro QB.

WIth all due respect to Mr. Hornibrook, he wasn't even a large part of the reason they won 26 or 32 games, IMO.

WIth all due respect to Mr. Hornibrook, he wasn't even a large part of the reason they won 26 or 32 games, IMO.
Agreed but you can't gauge the worth of a competent game manager like himself who made few mistakes nor played outside his known abilities. Short term, this will hurt Wisky, IMO.

Agreed but you can't gauge the worth of a competent game manager like himself who made few mistakes nor played outside his known abilities. Short term, this will hurt Wisky, IMO.

That's all Wisconsin really needs out of their QB is a competent game manager because of the o-lines and RBs they have every year. I've always thought that if they could get another dynamic QB like Russell Wilson in the program for more than a year, they could do some real damage like win the B1G and make the playoffs.

Then again, QB play isn't the only thing holding them back. When they play Ohio St in B1G CCGs, it becomes pretty apparent that their defense doesn't have the athleticism or depth to keep up with Ohio St for an entire game.

Good points, but they also reinforce my concern. If the kid behind him can play above or even well above Hornibrook's level and the Wisconsin offense takes on a new look. Their line is 'decimated' by graduation and the injury related retirement, but they just keep plugging guys in who play at a very high level. With Taylor back, Hornibrook was the guy I felt could hold them back. Regardless, at 26-6 he did more right than wrong. It just seems curious to me that he'd tap out before even taking a shot at Spring Football.

Good points, but they also reinforce my concern. If the kid behind him can play above or even well above Hornibrook's level and the Wisconsin offense takes on a new look. Their line is 'decimated' by graduation and the injury related retirement, but they just keep plugging guys in who play at a very high level. With Taylor back, Hornibrook was the guy I felt could hold them back. Regardless, at 26-6 he did more right than wrong. It just seems curious to me that he'd tap out before even taking a shot at Spring Football.
I am also surprised. I am wondering if the injuries he suffered took a bit more out of him than initially thought. But from everything I have read, he may not of kept the starting job this year, with the talented youngsters coming up behind him. Cause like has been said, he was really just a real good game manager who didn't get in his own way.

I am also surprised. I am wondering if the injuries he suffered took a bit more out of him than initially thought. But from everything I have read, he may not of kept the starting job this year, with the talented youngsters coming up behind him. Cause like has been said, he was really just a real good game manager who didn't get in his own way.

The bolded makes me wonder if Chryst (keeps autocorrecting to Christ) has already told him his job is up for grabs or that he'd start Spring as the #2 guy.

The bolded makes me wonder if Chryst (keeps autocorrecting to Christ) has already told him his job is up for grabs or that he'd start Spring as the #2 guy.
I think that may have been the case.....I know they are high on that 4* QB they signed this recruiting class....was one of the top Pro QB prospects. And every QB has to compete every year, every week, every game but usually, when you have a QB coming back for a potential 4th year as a starter, it is a given they will win the job. I am thinking thinking with Hornibrook's injuries and really just being a game manager it wasn't a given that he would win the job. If their running game failed he was not the QB that could usually win the game by throwing. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

This new offensive line is going to have to pass block to give a freshman drop back QB time and that’s not exactly the offense they are accustomed to playing.

This new offensive line is going to have to pass block to give a freshman drop back QB time and that’s not exactly the offense they are accustomed to playing.

Not at all. This could be an interesting year for the Badgers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back