• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Honey Sriracha Wings

Made these this weekend. The wife loved them, I'm not a huge sriracha guy but they were good. Thanks for the recipe, wife is going to want these every time I make wings now!

Made these this weekend. The wife loved them, I'm not a huge sriracha guy but they were good. Thanks for the recipe, wife is going to want these every time I make wings now!

Glad you all liked them but I can't take credit for the recipe. I just found it online and tweaked it a little. How did you cook them? Fry, bake, smoke?

Glad you all liked them but I can't take credit for the recipe. I just found it online and tweaked it a little. How did you cook them? Fry, bake, smoke?

So I tried a little different method than my usual (which is a double fry method. Once for 15 minutes or so at 250 and then at 400 for 3-4 minutes). I brined them in a mix that included hot sauce, salt, garlic and a few other ingredients I can't remember off-hand. I then boiled them in the marinade for 20 minutes'ish. Took them out, and then fried at 400 for a few minutes. Tossed in sauce after.

I found this recipe online and liked the brine mix. I wasn't a big fan of the boil/fry method though. Just didn't have the same pop mine normally do on the crispy/juicy scale.

Next time I'll brine overnight again but double fry.

So I tried a little different method than my usual (which is a double fry method. Once for 15 minutes or so at 250 and then at 400 for 3-4 minutes). I brined them in a mix that included hot sauce, salt, garlic and a few other ingredients I can't remember off-hand. I then boiled them in the marinade for 20 minutes'ish. Took them out, and then fried at 400 for a few minutes. Tossed in sauce after.

I found this recipe online and liked the brine mix. I wasn't a big fan of the boil/fry method though. Just didn't have the same pop mine normally do on the crispy/juicy scale.

Next time I'll brine overnight again but double fry.

Interesting, I've never heard of that method. I think I'll try a brine this weekend but will go with the grill for cooking. I always brine pork and poultry but that is generally for larger cuts and whole birds but never wings. To keep with the Asian theme, I'll add some Soy sauce to the brine and float some limes. Thanks for the ideas.

I've got a good recipe for Cuban pulled pork that I need to try sometime soon, I'll post that up when I get to it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back