• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Honey Badger may stay at LSU

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
This story just got weird.

Apparently Honey Badger wants to stay at LSU. LSU never kicked him out of school, Les Miles just kicked him off the football team. The plan, which apparently is being discussed by LSU administrators and Miles, would have Honey Badger suspended for the entire 2012 season and then, if he changes the behavior that got him suspended from the football team, he'd be reinstated for 2013.

If he really wants to be at LSU even though he'd not be allowed to be associated with the football team for an entire academic year tells me that perhaps whatever Les Miles said to him when he told him he was done at LSU caused the lightbulb to go on in this kid's head. Because whatever he did wasn't a violent criminal offense IMO a second chance might be warranted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...31628ee-e560-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_blog.html

If he wants to play football he has to transfer. He can stay at LSU as a student and pay tuition if he wants.

"He's permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," Bahnsen said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "That's definite. That's what was said Friday."

LSU's substance abuse policy contains the words Bahnsen used, "permanently ineligible," on page nine under "Third Violation" of a drug test. It says, "If institutional drug testing reveals the existence of drugs at any time, permanent ineligibility to participate at LSU will result."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...08-13/lsu-no-tyrann-mathieu-return/57039168/1

You have to be a complete idiot to get two strikes for violating a policy, know that the third strike means you're done for good, and still engage yourself in that activity.

Last edited:
If he wants to play football he has to transfer. He can stay at LSU as a student and pay tuition if he wants.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...08-13/lsu-no-tyrann-mathieu-return/57039168/1

You have to be a complete idiot to get two strikes for violating a policy, know that the third strike means you're done for good, and still engage yourself in that activity.

People at LSU have already discounted part of this USA Today article, the quote's buried at the bottom of the article. They're already being evasive about Honey Badger's future. I wouldn't be surprised to see any administrators who oppose Honey Badger's return in 2013 told to get in line or get a new job, much like Spanier told the woman responsible for student discipline at PSU that he agreed with Paterno and if she disagreed she could get a new job.

Policies can be re-written or flat out ignored if there's enough of a compelling reason for the LSU administration to do so. Having Honey Badger play for them in 2013 is a compelling reason. Heck, I read an article yesterday where retailers in Baton Rouge should receive their jersey orders soon and #7 was one of the three numbers they're selling this year. The retailers differed on what they'd do. One said he'd try to convince people it was a Peterson jersey and another one or two said they'd just put the #7 in storage and hope somebody else popular chose that number next year. I have no doubt some powerful boosters aren't happy LSU kicked him off the team for "just weed."

I suspect that he'll be back at LSU playing football in 2013. He'll just "magically" still be a student at LSU in September. They'll announce his reinstatement after the season's over.

Oh as for your comment that Honey Badger's a complete idiot. Complete idiot=most 18-19 year old college students in America.

Last edited:

tk7DJ.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back