• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

home made amaretto

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
One of my relative used to make home made amaretto from 3 1/2 water, sugar, almond extract and a bit of freeze dried coffee, to which he added 1 pint Everclear.

I don't recall it being particularly strong, but the more I think about Everclear, the more I wonder.

Any advice?

One of my relative used to make home made amaretto from 3 1/2 water, sugar, almond extract and a bit of freeze dried coffee, to which he added 1 pint Everclear.

I don't recall it being particularly strong, but the more I think about Everclear, the more I wonder.

Any advice?

Aspirin.

My brother in law used to make Kahlua in much the same way. Brain splitting hangovers are all I recall.

my wife made some homemade soap several years ago and everclear was one of the ingredients. so off to buy some and when i got to the counter with 2 bottles the guy says to me "you know that stuff is very strong don't you" I look him in the eye and said i would be back for more in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Amaretto
Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups vodka
  • 2 tablespoons almond extract
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Combine water and sugars in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the mixture is boiling, and all of the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
  2. Stir vodka, almond extract and vanilla extract into the mixture. Store in a sealed bottle

Oof, Everclear. I haven't even thought about drinking that stuff in probably 30 years. No thanks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back