• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Holy Defense!

The things that I saw that I love was the use of depth that not only kept defenders fresh but there appeared to be more talent on the field. This happened on both sides of the ball. We fought the whole game. We still had bad plays but no game is perfect. Corcron can sit for a while for all I care.

The backups on the line seemed to play great.

When we ran the ball the offense actually opened up. Whipple needs to learn how to set up his passing game.

I think it's impossible not to notice a considerable improvement tackling-wise. That was by no means a dominating performance, especially considering the opponent, but the Blackshirts delivered their best performance of the season tonight, by far.

We had the ball for 34 minutes. That’s winning football. We held them to under 300 yards. Special teams were good. Tackling looked like real football. Too many penalties but weWON! The kids looked like football was fun again. Let’s go get Rutgers!

When you let your athletes play man defense and break some passes up, you tend to fare better. Chinander loved his ultra-conservative soft zone that would give up ten yards here and ten yards there but no big plays. To hell with that, if you can man up do it!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back