• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Holding Calls

When called out publicly in the media, look for a token holding call on a 3rd and 34 to reset the clock.

You could have the 95 team out there but if the officials let the opponent get away with holding, PI, or whatever else, they aren’t going to win much either.
The 95 team won by an average of 38.6 points. Put the same penalties the 2020 team has gotten and I doubt they lose a game, 1 at most.

The 95 team won by an average of 38.6 points. Put the same penalties the 2020 team has gotten and I doubt they lose a game, 1 at most.
Yeah you’re almost certainly right. It was a bit of hyperbole on my part. :). But I stand by my point. When the other team is allowed to cheat, it kinda doesn’t matter how much better you are than them.

so it was 2 years without a single holding call against an opponent, how many years since 2 or more calls in a game?

i posit 5 years...

this is one of my biggest pet peeves. When you can clearly see a hold from 35 rows up...guys running free to the QB, pulled aside/down...or ina. Tight shot on a live feed, how in the capital fudge does it not get called by an official watching FOR THAT infraction?

the only 2 logical conclusions are incompetence (including bias) or outright corruption.

Yet we sure get a good amount of holding called on us, and it is often at critical times such as the one on Friday that erased AM's 30-yard run and ruined a promising drive.

Our D-Line isn't so bad that they never get held. Come on Big 10, be better.

We have to face reality: our OL guys have to hold because they are not strong enough to block.

They made up for it on our last drive when we had two holds and a crack back block. Could have put this one away earlier without penalties. Glad for the kids and coaches they won. Let’s win out!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back