• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg

This is the "quite simple" version?! What's the complicated version look like?!
631242801a29a6c3c35e0102b02c4da5b56c98f0.jpg

Scuttlebutt is that there is an agreement with Hoiberg, but Fred doesn't want to make the announcement until after his son is done playing in the NCAA tournament for Michigan State. I think this is the best case for no announcement, since it means that Moos was confident enough in Hoiberg's word (and vice-versa) to wait to sign.

If you want to parse Moos' words, he said he couldn't give a true answer on Hoiberg's interest - which could mean that Hoiberg said he was very excited and is going to take the job, but asked that Moos not say anything about it yet (hence Moos can't answer truthfully). If you want to pursue some other story-line, you could say it's because of rank incompetence and lies. You can use Occam's Razor and decide which is more likely.

This is what I am hearing as well from my super secret sources (super secret in their own minds).......

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26382129/huskers-talks-tab-hoiberg-coach

Nebraska first gauged Hoiberg's interest in the position in February, according to sources, and the two sides have been discussing the job for most of the week. Hoiberg is currently on vacation, but is expected to return for Michigan State's NCAA tournament game Friday, to watch his son Jack, a freshman for the Spartans.

There is confidence an agreement could be reached before next week, sources told ESPN.

usually with this rumor stuff Im Skeptical........but I have to think that the administration gauges the media/speculation etc and if the Hoiberg thing was iffy or if there was someone else........there would be leaks to put us in caution mode

Last edited:
I haven’t read the previous 30 pages so I don’t know if this has been discussed or not but an article in the Des Moines Register this morning mentioned that his grandfather coached at Nebraska. Anybody know the details about that? You can’t read the article on-line unless you have a subscription that’s why I didn’t link it.

I haven’t read the previous 30 pages so I don’t know if this has been discussed or not but an article in the Des Moines Register this morning mentioned that his grandfather coached at Nebraska. Anybody know the details about that? You can’t read the article on-line unless you have a subscription that’s why I didn’t link it.

Yes, it was Jerry Bush and he coached from 1955-63. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back