• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg

If HB isn't leaving until summer, why not delay THAT announcement a day....a week even. And i understand the issues posters have with the poster of the tweets, but when national media are even talking about NU BB, as rare as that is, it would be much, much better to have it be a positive. Time to get out in front of the ever growing negative perception of this mess. Further reason for delaying the HB announcement.
The national media will talk plenty positive about Nebrasketball when they win their first NCAA tournament game. That will make some positive news, kind of like Northwestern a few years back. Hopefully Nebraska is about to begin the first steps of that journey in the next week or so. I don't know of too many firings that are perfect. I wish Miles a lot of future success and happiness.

So you are saying it was absolutely critical that HB tell the world today that he was quitting THIS SUMMER? Whether you think athletics runs the University or not, that would seem to show either a "look at me, i'm bigger than the BB coach attitude" or a complete lack of awareness of the public's interest in the NU BB coaching situation.
it's pretty clear that Hank Bounds wanted to separate himself from the firing and hiring process.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back