• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hog-Mollie Nuggets

groundNpound

Recruit
O-line- Benhart is working with the 1’s at RT and Farniok at RG. The starting 5 as of today from left to right= Jaimes, Wilson, Jurgens, Farniok, Benhart. Lotta starts under that groups belt.

D-Line- Ty Robinson has been running the nose spot with the #1 group. Apprently the d-like is impressing so far. (Gotta replace all 3 starters)

O-line- Benhart is working with the 1’s at RT and Farniok at RG. The starting 5 as of today from left to right= Jaimes, Wilson, Jurgens, Farniok, Benhart. Lotta starts under that groups belt.

D-Line- Ty Robinson has been running the nose spot with the #1 group. Apprently the d-like is impressing so far. (Gotta replace all 3 starters)
I like it. Robinson not with the 1s tho. Curious how he does as I liked him at DE.

And thank you for the info. Love hearing about the o-line

Any word on Piper? I thought he might overtake Wilson?
I had previously stated that if Piper isn't a 2-3 year starter for us, something went seriously wrong. As of right now, Wilson is going to get the edge with the 1s since he has 21 consecutive starts at guard. He was hurt most of last year, so curious what happens when healthy. Basically until the pads come on there's not going to be a change in anything at this time. Back to Piper though, when I made that statement he was physically dominating and was setting up to take over a guard spot at the least his RS Junior year. He was outperforming Hixson and Wilson (again Wilson was injured) but they wanted to preserve his redshirt.

In walks walk-ons Nourilli and four star Miller, they are talking Corcoran at guard as well. The OL depth at guard got crazy in a hurry.

We just need to figure out tackle. We can't keep getting these guys like Corcoran, Farniok and others that are ready to be tackle and say "they project better at guard". Pretty much everyone does. But what's really encouraging is a senior Jurgens will anchor a line with a Benhart, Nourilli, Piper, and Corcoran. That's not too bad.

Lot of experience coming back on the offensive line this year.

Jaimes (Sr)- 33 starts
Farniok (Sr)- 28 starts
Wilson (Sr)- 21 starts
Hixson (Jr)- 12 starts
Jurgens (So)- 12 starts
Nouili (So)- 7 starts @ csu as a true Fr
Gaylord (Sr)- played in 33 games
Sichtermann (Jr)- played in 16 games
W Farniok (So)- played in 3 games
Benhart (Fr)- played in 3 as true Fr
Piper (Fr)- played in 3 as a true Fr
Banks (Fr)- played in 3 as a true Fr