• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hockey playoffs

I thought the Flyers were toast after being down 3 games to 1 to the Islanders. But now with all of the momentum going into game 7 tomorrow. First time Philly has ever won three OT games in a playoff series.

Sort of adopted the Avs this year since I moved to Colorado. Tough loss tonight. Injuries hurt them for sure.

Their penalty kill definitely needs to be addressed in the off season, it's terrible. Need a big bodied defenseman to clear traffic in front of the net. Not talking a Probert or Boogaard to throw down, just a plow who they don't depend on to skate and score. They have speed to waste in spades, just need a guy or two with big shoulders to help.

Last edited:
Sort of adopted the Avs this year since I moved to Colorado. Tough loss tonight. Injuries hurt them for sure.

Their penalty kill definitely needs to be addressed in the off season, it's terrible. Need a big bodied defenseman to clear traffic in front of the net. Not talking a Probert or Boogaard to throw down, just a plow who they don't depend on to skate and score. They have speed to waste in spades, just need a guy or two with big shoulders to help.

I've been an Av's fan since they moved from Quebec, and this was tough. The NHL post season has been a blessing, since most of the rest of sports right now doesn't interest me, but this was tough.

Injuries can't be ignored and played a bigger role than I wanted to admit last night after Dallas' winning goal went in the net. You look at who WASN'T on the ice last night and they still take the #3 team in the West to OT. Hutchinson deserves a damned parade for the gutty performance he gave, but he's a career backup only out there because of injuries. That's where I start if I'm Sakic. Grubauer and Francouz are both serviceable, NHL goalies, but they're not durable enough to last a season and a post season. That's got to get fixed. Defensemen is my #2. You stick a healthy Johnson in the lineup against Dallas and Colorado wins, even with the top two goalies out. PK monster and a real defensemen. But after that it's either little speedsters and big stiffs. I like Makar, but he's an offensive defensemen. Girard is the same way. Zadarov is a turnover waiting to happen. He's 6'6, sure, but he's stiff like Herman Munster and I cringe when the puck is close to him or he's anywhere near the Colorado net. He needs a moving van. Cole and Graves also had some pretty bad shifts in just about every game against Dallas. The offensive talent is insane, but most Stanley Cup champions I can recall had a stud goalie and several top line defensemen.

The Tampa Bay Rangers take a 2to 1 lead in the final with a dominating 5-2 win over Dallas. The former Rangers playing a big roll

264-2645020_logo-clip-art-free-download-tampa-bay-lightning.png

LETS GO BOLTS!!

Really happy for Ryan McDonagh who was a great Captain for the Rangers. He deserved to win the Cup as did the other ex-Rangers

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back