• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

{insert thread title here}

I've no hard feelings at all about Dylan choosing Georgia. I will follow his career with some interest. That said, and i might be in the minority in my thinking, but I feel there is a good chance by the time both are Seniors that Daniel Kaelin could be the better quarterback.

Maybe even before.

Last edited:
Yea, that's what I said in correlation to your words 'the problems still remain'.
If its not the players as I pointed out, then what is it?

I'm not following where you are going here. Has MR fixed the problems or not? I want to know what to expect this fall. Right now, I'm dubious that we will see much of a difference right away. I expect that DR may have felt the same way, resulting in his decision to seek a more stable boat to ride in. SF was also going to change the culture when he first got here too. It takes more than words.

Sure, I'm willing to accept that problem is "the players" at some level. They are the ones that run out on the field and line up. It would be hard to imagine they aren't somehow responsible for the success and failure of the program. Of course, this is a complex organization and there is a lot more to it than that.

But if MR has this all sorted, I'm more than happy to drink some kool-aid over the summer.

I'm not following where you are going here. Has MR fixed the problems or not? I want to know what to expect this fall. Right now, I'm dubious that we will see much of a difference right away. I expect that DR may have felt the same way, resulting in his decision to seek a more stable boat to ride in. SF was also going to change the culture when he first got here too. It takes more than words.

Sure, I'm willing to accept that problem is "the players" at some level. They are the ones that run out on the field and line up. It would be hard to imagine they aren't somehow responsible for the success and failure of the program. Of course, this is a complex organization and there is a lot more to it than that.

But if MR has this all sorted, I'm more than happy to drink some kool-aid over the summer.
I think the program is as close to being fixed as its been in awhile.
Its coming down to fits and experience/growth.
We finally have coaches with a plan

Yep, we are really winning the off season. We're "killin' it". :Lol:

Now back to teaching those big linemen to block. :rolleyes:
Rewatched the spring game, saw Hutmacher look unblockable at times, saw our first string move the ball.
The O line was moving the LOS, but even having the advantage of playing our D all the time it was extremely disruptive.

We won't know until we play another team

Rewatched the spring game, saw Hutmacher look unblockable at times, saw our first string move the ball.
The O line was moving the LOS, but even having the advantage of playing our D all the time it was extremely disruptive.

We won't know until we play another team

:rolleyes:

I've seen a lot of Spring games. I've found they aren't a very good gauge of how much improvement the team has undergone. But I'm certainly in agreement that we won't know whether the line has improved until we play an actual game.

I admire your confidence and unfettered optimism. I personally would welcome seeing certain lineman moving sideways at a quick pace to cut off a rush, or getting out of their stance during a field goal attempt. That would be sweet.

But until I see the product on the field in a real competitive setting, I'm going to hold off on getting too excited.

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

I've seen a lot of Spring games. I've found they aren't a very good gauge of how much improvement the team has undergone. But I'm certainly in agreement that we won't know whether the line has improved until we play an actual game.

I admire your confidence and unfettered optimism. I personally would welcome seeing certain lineman moving sideways at a quick pace to cut off a rush, or getting out of their stance during a field goal attempt. That would be sweet.

But until I see the product on the field in a real competitive setting, I'm going to hold off on getting too excited.
This. As it stands right now. It’s just talk

This. As it stands right now. It’s just talk
Yes and I agree with that wholeheartedly. Koolaid aside, analytics give a lot of hope we haven’t had in a long time.

We have had a little bit of a run of bad luck. Game management, collapses, and bad bounces.

We have a nationally recognized ability to under achieve based on the players and lack of development.

We had a presumed poor culture of accountability and laziness starting with our head coach.

Correcting some of that with this schedule points to 8 wins. This coming from a non-koolaid guy. I’m not expecting Rhule to do that. But I believr he can.

Last edited:
Dylan went where most of the people on this board expected. We have a QB commit that loves Nebraska and wants to play for us. I'll take those players over the stars any day. We have a staff that is going to coach them up. Be patient, temper the expectations and give Rhule and his staff time to do what they do best. Don't worry about who didn't commit to us or why. When these 5 star recruits visit and get some worked up into a frenzy, I always take the "I don't expect them to commit" road. That way I am not disappointed. When our culture has flipped and we are winning again, that may change.

Dylan went where most of the people on this board expected. We have a QB commit that loves Nebraska and wants to play for us. I'll take those players over the stars any day. We have a staff that is going to coach them up. Be patient, temper the expectations and give Rhule and his staff time to do what they do best. Don't worry about who didn't commit to us or why. When these 5 star recruits visit and get some worked up into a frenzy, I always take the "I don't expect them to commit" road. That way I am not disappointed. When our culture has flipped and we are winning again, that may change.
I don’t disagree with the majority of your post nor your feelings. I’d probably argue the reasoning for the thought process. Not bagging on either QB but to insinuate that we got a guy that wants to be here over a star guy is a little off tilt. I don’t think DR passed on us because he didn’t want to play here. He had a better choice. For that matter we weren’t the first choice for DK. Missouri was. Some will argue he committed to Missouri because we were still recruiting DR………well then let’s not argue up his commitment to us in the early stages. Will he move on if we recruit another high ranked quarterback in the future?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back