• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hit Piece by Irish Writer

NickinSoCal

Recruit
2 Year Member

I am sure many of you read this, I never respond to journalist but took a moment to write to him. I am sure many of you could convey what I was trying to much better than I did.

To: Mr. Hannigan,

Obviously, you completed some amount of research to write this article. It appears you chose to focus on any blemishes you could find. Avoiding the research that you inevitably would have found that Nebraska is a great university with great people associated with it. I am not sure why you are bent on College football or specifically Nebraska’s brand of it. However, if you have ever been to Lincoln on a game day or met the coaches or the coach that put Lawrence Phillips back in the game in the national title game you would find a much different story.

Putting players in the game after an infraction, especially in the case of LP as we called him during his time at Nebraska, was an act of sympathy, he was heading to the draft and this game NFL scouts and the national media something to talk about besides this incidence in Lincoln. He was an extremely trouble youth that looked to the coach as a father figure. Tom Osborne was trying to give him a second chance at football and life.

The fans of the Nebraska program are known throughout college football history to be those of the best that there is. Welcoming in opposing fans and players. Hosting them at their homes and parties. Clapping for the players of the other teams.

I get it in the era of clickbait, you wrote the article that would drive the largest number of clicks. I could go through each premise in your article and pick them apart, however, I hope you would consider in the future a new career path as you are clearly not a happy man in this one. This can be one of very few reasons that you would write in this manner. There are many Hannigans that live in Lincoln and share many of the same values that most Nebraskans do. Work hard, be honest, treat your neighbors well. I guess that was lost with you.

Last edited:

Irish fans set for the full college football experience as notorious Nebraska Cornhuskers come to town​

Nebraska’s ruthless college football institution have a reputation in the US for often doing the wrong thing when it matters most​

If Aer Lingus and the litany of other corporate sponsors involved in this shindig wanted to give Irish sports fans a taste of the authentic college football experience, in all its exploitative, chew-these-young-men-up-and-spit-most-of-them-out glory, they have chosen wisely.

With a rabid fanbase, Nebraska is an institution with a proud history of winning (although not lately) and an equally hard-won reputation for often doing the wrong thing when it matters most.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/20...-notorious-nebraska-cornhuskers-come-to-town/

Feel free to read the rest of this garbage yellow journalism if you'd like.

I've changed my mind on NU just getting the W vs Northwestern. We need to win this game by 50 points so this jackass can go cry some more.

I posted elsewhere that if we're talking about stereotypes, maybe he can go back to swilling booze and firebombing the Protestants and Catholics. I mean, that's the only thing Ireland is good for, right?

He probably thinks every German is a Nazi, too.

What a hack.

Last edited:

This writer seems to be angry about something but has nowhere to direct it but at a program he knows little to nothing about. LOTS of missing information, of course journalistic integrity seems not to be a concern for the author.

Coach K suspended Grayson Allen indefinitely for habitually tripping people. The first game they played without him was a too close for comfort win, and Allen was back the next game.

This writer acts like only nebraska coaches bring suspended players back early, happens all the time all across college sports.

Dang, it’s like he brought out our 5 worst issues over a 50 year period and somehow tied it into the present team. Gotta believe the Dublin business people will see us differently

sounds like he hates the institution of college football / american sports culture, and found more meat on the bones in attacking nebraska as opposed to northwestern

I am sure many of you read this, I never respond to journalist but took a moment to write to him. I am sure many of you could convey what I was trying to much better than I did.

To: Mr. Hannigan,

Obviously, you completed some amount of research to write this article. It appears you chose to focus on any blemishes you could find. Avoiding the research that you inevitably would have found that Nebraska is a great university with great people associated with it. I am not sure why you are bent on College football or specifically Nebraska’s brand of it. However, if you have ever been to Lincoln on a game day or met the coaches or the coach that put Lawrence Phillips back in the game in the national title game you would find a much different story.

Putting players in the game after an infraction, especially in the case of LP as we called him during his time at Nebraska, was an act of sympathy, he was heading to the draft and this game NFL scouts and the national media something to talk about besides this incidence in Lincoln. He was an extremely trouble youth that looked to the coach as a father figure. Tom Osborne was trying to give him a second chance at football and life.

The fans of the Nebraska program are known throughout college football history to be those of the best that there is. Welcoming in opposing fans and players. Hosting them at their homes and parties. Clapping for the players of the other teams.

I get it in the era of clickbait, you wrote the article that would drive the largest number of clicks. I could go through each premise in your article and pick them apart, however, I hope you would consider in the future a new career path as you are clearly not a happy man in this one. This can be one of very few reasons that you would write in this manner. There are many Hannigans that live in Lincoln and share many of the same values that most Nebraskans do. Work hard, be honest, treat your neighbors well. I guess that was lost with you.
You made one flawed assumption ... that people like him are reasonable, want feedback and will be objective with the feedback. He's smiling because he successfully pushed your buttons. He's smiling because he doesn't care for your feedback in large part because he will chalk it up to fan bias.

Kind of like joining The Cafe on this board!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back