• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "Hire of Next Season" - Wojciechowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well we're good then. I'm very suprised and very reassured by all of the 'good hire' comments we've gotten from the analysts, media, and coaching types.

Last edited:
I take it for what it's worth, but given how off the radar Riley was for most of us, it is good to see comments like his. I'm sure a week ago, most out here would have rather have had McElwain than Riley.

I do wonder how much the "nice guy" thing plays into things though. Let's face it, Pelini likely got more than his fair share of criticism from the media, and I'm sure his demeanor had something to do with it. It's hard to criticize a nice guy working at a school like Oregon State.

I for one am glad the media is on board with this hire. With Riley trying to build a program at DONU, it helps that he is not being constantly attacked by the media. Pelini fought with the media a lot and that was detrimental and led to a lot of polarization; he invited some of that. It appears this will not be a problem with Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back