• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

High 3-star OL Matthew Anderson is N/ Update: Made USA Today All -USA Louisiana First Team

Excellent commit. Love the fact that Mr. Anderson seems like a humble kid and is ready to bring the Big Red back. Completely sad for the loss of his mother. Can't hurt having her looking over Memorial Stadium on Saturdays.

Mr. McCaffery must be excited to see you will be paving the way for him soon! Can't wait to see them both play. Much work to be done by them both but the solid groundwork for turning into all Big 10 players is there. Future looks bright.

A lot of the recent recruits have said that HCSF is going to restore the program back to the glory days, and that they want to be part of it. I LOVE the buy in.....

I get what you're saying, but let's be honest, kids said the same thing about Riley. It's a common theme amongst commits. Minnesota's commits can't say that enough in regards to Fleck for example. Not trying to be divisive or anything, just one of those comments players always make. If they didn't think this, they wouldn't commit in the first place, right?

How many 18 year old kids have their head screwed on straight?

I'm guessing you are a glass half empty kind of guy.
I'm not suggesting this kid is one of those 'fake commits', but any veteran on this board has seen that game be played against us before.
And I'm sure we've played the villainous swayer before not that I approve.
I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt unless the dots are well connected.

I get what you're saying, but let's be honest, kids said the same thing about Riley. It's a common theme amongst commits. Minnesota's commits can't say that enough in regards to Fleck for example. Not trying to be divisive or anything, just one of those comments players always make. If they didn't think this, they wouldn't commit in the first place, right?
Right but SF has the Track Record to back it up. MR never did.

You called it for a guy who had 1 power 5 offer at the time. Like I said, way to go out on a limb. Most on the board could have made that call and had a good chance of being right.
Yeah, but the difference between HH and everybody else is that he went out on a limb a made the call and nobody else did.
Maybe he had the inside track story but could not dump it out.
He got his gems busted for making it sound official.

I thought it was 88 going off my memory. Actually looking at the new 247 Composite rankings its 89. Jack Buford the lowest rated 4-star at #361 is an 89.0.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Recruits

I could have swore it was 88 Based on memory.

Nitpicking for sure, but the 89 is for their composite rankings, where they might be rounding up? For their own rankings it's 90. For example, Ronald Thompkins is a 90 and a four-star (https://247sports.com/Player/Ronald-Thompkins-46037953) while Luke McCaffrey is an 89 three-star (https://247sports.com/Player/Luke-McCaffrey-46036668)

Either way, an 88 is a good rating from them.

After calling out Anderson is N two weeks ago, I was blasted and banned from a thread. Today I write one post saying that I called it. Nice try sparky. And @HuskerGene , how you like them apples?

I don’t like this post only if I could edit it like you mod. On this subject, I recall you issuing an apology for being wrong. Last thing if you’re going to post like one of the boys be able to take the heat back without issuing a senseless vacation.
th

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back