• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hey Funky, how did the brew go?

I don't know about Funky, but reading that post got me motivated. I found out we had a brew store open up and took a visit that day. They had fresh grains on hand, so I decided I would set up all-grain. Did a Sam Adams Summer clone that same night (drinking it now and it is excellent), got a second fermenter and did a blonde ale the following week. I have an Angry Baster Clone 2 weeks in the fermenter and just did a pale ale on Saturday that is fermenting.

My kitchen has a big stove and sinks, so 2 large pots with valves and screens is working great for all-grain full boils. I found copper tubing on sale at Home Depot and made an immersion wort chiller and bought a CO2 bottle and a couple of Cornelius kegs.

My next move is getting a small chest freezer on Craig's list and a remote t-stat so I can Lager and then build a coffin keezer so I can have 4 or 5 beers on tap.

That post started it all.

I fully intended on brewing beer by the first kickoff this fall, but I came down with a nasty case of procrastination. I'm officially going to start a batch this weekend!

And congrats on the success, RedRum. :cheers:

Last edited:

I finished my "Keezer" off back around the Super Bowl. On Father's day I received the N as a gift. Rolled it out on the patio for a pool party. Have it tapped with "Big Red" a cross between an IPA and Amber, an APA, Blonde Ale, Nut Brown, and Mexican Lager.

Keezer.jpgkeezer2.jpg

Attachments

• Keezer3.jpg
    Keezer3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
:salute: Good lord. I am officially in love..... :Biggrin:

I don't know about Funky, but reading that post got me motivated. I found out we had a brew store open up and took a visit that day. They had fresh grains on hand, so I decided I would set up all-grain. Did a Sam Adams Summer clone that same night (drinking it now and it is excellent), got a second fermenter and did a blonde ale the following week. I have an Angry Baster Clone 2 weeks in the fermenter and just did a pale ale on Saturday that is fermenting.

My kitchen has a big stove and sinks, so 2 large pots with valves and screens is working great for all-grain full boils. I found copper tubing on sale at Home Depot and made an immersion wort chiller and bought a CO2 bottle and a couple of Cornelius kegs.

My next move is getting a small chest freezer on Craig's list and a remote t-stat so I can Lager and then build a coffin keezer so I can have 4 or 5 beers on tap.

That post started it all.

I finished my "Keezer" off back around the Super Bowl. On Father's day I received the N as a gift. Rolled it out on the patio for a pool party. Have it tapped with "Big Red" a cross between an IPA and Amber, an APA, Blonde Ale, Nut Brown, and Mexican Lager.

View attachment 6478View attachment 6479

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back