• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Heupel to Tennessee

Look at the list of Danny White hires. I definitely want that guy making a hiring decision. Bobby Hurley at Buffalo, who left to take the ASU job. White replaces him with Nate Oats, who left to take the Bama job. Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Frost at UCF, and then Heupel. Johnny Dawkins at UCF.
That's a really good track record.

So....is his house in order?

Asking for a friend.

Let me get this straight. Frost was 13-0 at UCF, with a record that showed improvement year over year, came here and is in over his head in a P5 conference. Heupel, although 28-8 at UCF, just capped off a 6-4 season and is a really good hire?

I'll just quote the, I don't know, 8 million posts on Huskermax about a coach doing well with the previous coaches players then having poor records in a few years as why I am not ready to crown Heupel. I don't wish him ill, but I expect to see him in the exit lane of UT's revolving door in a few years.

SF might want his old gig back....

I have no doubt he's had the 'What did I do?' conversation with himself if not someone else.

I'm not going to go back and dig up the thread from before he was hired, but I made the comment that he might not want to come back, knowing what a fish bowl it is and how we eat our own. That was summarily dismissed. I suggested he could struggle. That too was dismissed.

He's only human and I'm sure he's second guessed himself. That is not to say that I don't think he's all N, but life was a lot easier in Orlando.

I have no doubt he's had the 'What did I do?' conversation with himself if not someone else.

I'm not going to go back and dig up the thread from before he was hired, but I made the comment that he might not want to come back, knowing what a fish bowl it is and how we eat our own. That was summarily dismissed. I suggested he could struggle. That too was dismissed.

He's only human and I'm sure he's second guessed himself. That is not to say that I don't think he's all N, but life was a lot easier in Orlando.
He would be in a better place right now, had he not come in here talking all the smack. I really think he made it harder on himself by saying most of the things he said. Quiet confidence is best. He did not, do himself any favors whatsoever.

He would be in a better place right now, had he not come in here talking all the smack. I really think he made it harder on himself by saying most of the things he said. Quiet confidence is best. He did not, do himself any favors whatsoever.

That’s always been my policy.

I never really talked smack AFTER I won at something.

That’s always been my policy.

I never really talked smack AFTER I won at something.
I agree. Talk all the shhitte you want, after you’ve done something. It serves no purpose really. All it does, is increase the pressure on your own self, totally self inflicted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back