• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Head Coaching Candidates

Would laugh if he kept Silva so I can witness heads exploding
Not implausible, though being fine with Silva myself, I'm not sure that recruiting is his milieu and development mixed (GKing and Luensmann regressions come to mind) over his years. Not averse to him either staying or going, but reject that he was the weak sauce of the coaching staff by many measures. Better recruiting with the arms on staff and it would be interesting to see what he could do with them.

Not implausible, though being fine with Silva myself, I'm not sure that recruiting is his milieu and development mixed (GKing and Luensmann regressions come to mind) over his years. Not averse to him either staying or going, but reject that he was the weak sauce of the coaching staff by many measures. Better recruiting with the arms on staff and it would be interesting to see what he could do with them.
Silva was actually our best coach and highly thought of. Waldron and Fisher this year are just the tip of the iceberg for improvements he’s helped with. Go look at Fishers stats before this year. He also doesn’t recruit Nebraska that well.

I think Bolt needs to cut ties tho.

Last edited:
New coach, whoever it is, should have full discretion, full fresh start or carryover...but complete ownership of the results down the road.
I don’t think they’ll force anyone on him. I just now Silva is very well respected nationally. I would prefer to see a fresh start at pitching coach tho.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back