• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Head Coaching Candidates

Justin Seely - Assistant Coach Texas A&M (Played at Nebraska)
Will Bolt - Assistant Coach Texas A&M (Played at Nebraska)
Rob Childress - Head Coach Texas A&M (Pitching coach at Nebraska)
Dave Van Horn - Head Coach Arkansas (Head coach at Nebraska)
Dan Heefner - Head Coach Dallas Baptist
Matt Deggs - Head Coach Sam Houston State
Nate Thompson - Assistant Coach Arkansas
Matt Podjenski - Head Coach Navarro Junior College (From Omaha, Nebraska)
Brian O'Connor - Head Coach Virginia (From Omaha, Nebraska)

Those are just a few. Many are pipe dreams, like Dave Van Horn leaving an SEC job for a lateral move to the B1G. But just thought i'd throw it out there since someone else will. I'd go the up and coming assistant route. Seemed to work pretty well for Indiana with Coach Lemonis, and I think you can get a higher caliber coach. Not sure a coach in the Sun Belt or WAC is leaving to come coach in the B1G.

If anyone hears of more, throw them on here.

Any chance the B1G changes its rules for baseball? I just don't understand the limits we've placed on ourselves.

Any chance the B1G changes its rules for baseball? I just don't understand the limits we've placed on ourselves.
Would be nice, but I don't see anything changing before we make this hire.

Moos said he wants to get a P5 guy with head coaching experience to Nebraska. I just can't see a guy leaving the Big12, SEC, Pac12, ACC, wherever, who has had success and coming here. That would mean we are taking someone having mediocre success in those conferences. I still think an assistant is our best bet, but Moos loves head coaching experience. Can't say I blame him.

Justin Seely - Assistant Coach Texas A&M (Played at Nebraska)
Will Bolt - Assistant Coach Texas A&M (Played at Nebraska)
Rob Childress - Head Coach Texas A&M (Pitching coach at Nebraska)
Dave Van Horn - Head Coach Arkansas (Head coach at Nebraska)
Dan Heefner - Head Coach Dallas Baptist
Matt Deggs - Head Coach Sam Houston State
Nate Thompson - Assistant Coach Arkansas
Matt Podjenski - Head Coach Navarro Junior College (From Omaha, Nebraska)
Brian O'Connor - Head Coach Virginia (From Omaha, Nebraska)

Those are just a few. Many are pipe dreams, like Dave Van Horn leaving an SEC job for a lateral move to the B1G. But just thought i'd throw it out there since someone else will. I'd go the up and coming assistant route. Seemed to work pretty well for Indiana with Coach Lemonis, and I think you can get a higher caliber coach. Not sure a coach in the Sun Belt or WAC is leaving to come coach in the B1G.

If anyone hears of more, throw them on here.

I wonder how many dump trucks full of cash it would take to get Van Horn back?

I’ll be curious to see which kids stay and who takes off. Gotta hang on to Schwellenbach and Chick. Hoping the 2019 commit out of Georgia doesn’t explore MLB now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back