• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Head Coach

... and no one smokes now. Anywhere near the campus. I care if the head coach smokes or dips, or is a drunk. Again, all are legal. I would expect that Frost would care if his players chewed.

but I repeat - I’m most worried about his health.

Ok, if that's the truth then I respect that.

Let me know when he does something wrong.
And you and I have the luxury of sitting behind a keyboard anonymously. If I had to stand up in front Dirk Chatelain every week, it would probably take a bourbon for me to not tell him what I really think.
Absolutely, Goodnterribles - he hasn’t done anything wrong. And there are 1000 things I think impact the team’s success more than Frost’s habits. Just responding to the original posters comments. I think I would be a degenerate drunk if I had to face the pressures of a high profile coach, athlete, or celebrity in today’s no privacy world.

LOL.....what's the operative word these days?

"triggered"...yeah that's it.

The OP was not meant as criticism of Scott Frost as a person. I think he wii be everything we need as HC. I'm a massive fan. Nor did i expect to be personally attacked so I must have hit some personal nerves. I'm not going to engage in specific ad hominem attacks. Nor did I think the overall content of the OP would be hijacked by a relentless focus on one small aspect. So be it.

:Welcome:
Welcome to the flying monkeys of Huskermax forum. They swoop in and attack the messenger and not the message. Your OP was spot on. We are 10 pages in and not one of the monkeys has justified immature actions.

I don't know how else to put it. We had a coach who won a lot but yelled at the media a lot and wore Ohio St gray sweatshirts. We had the worst HC in my lifetime who was nice to the media and had great press conferences, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had a DC who was a snazzy dresser and was always clean shaven, and was the worst Husker DC of my lifetime.
We need to figure out exactly what we want.
I hope Scott's intake of dip increases, his beard grows more, and he starts swearing at the media. Jesus Christ.

Where is the GET OFF MY LAWN gif?

Sorry, I don't get the reference. If he's an employee of the University he should honor University policy.
Not arguing with that.
It certainly seems like at times he is dipping, but is it clear he is doing it, or just speculation because of a mannerism?

My WAC comment just a playful reference to the common thinking that "alcohol is prohibited on campus", when actually is allowed at certain locations under certain circumstances with advance approval.

It's not actually a good comparison, because I dont believe the tobacco policy has any exceptions like the alcohol policy.

I don’t know that anyone is worried about it. But if we are going to fuss about attention to detail, then i think little things like that send the wrong message.

If we are harping on hoodies in pressers...
Bill Belichick has girl boobs. Doesn't seem to hurt the Pats culture. Is he cultivating a soft culture....and MORE days off from the locker room with those C cups?

Welcome to the flying monkeys of Huskermax forum. They swoop in and attack the messenger and not the message. Your OP was spot on. We are 10 pages in and not one of the monkeys has justified immature actions.

Quite the fun day and thanks for the welcome from you and so many others!! I think it's time we run the table with the last two games.....and then go bowling! Great day to be a Husker with the commitment from Lutovsky......

I admit I have had the same thought about the shaving thing but honestly it's pretty nitpicky and it really doesn't matter. Details matter at work and sometimes I come to work with a scruffy neck. Just the way it is. I do agree with your comments about him being disengaged from the defense. I understand his importance to the play calling and the offense, but for god sakes man you played defense in the NFL. And they could obviously use some help out there.

I admit I have had the same thought about the shaving thing but honestly it's pretty nitpicky and it really doesn't matter. Details matter at work and sometimes I come to work with a scruffy neck. Just the way it is. I do agree with your comments about him being disengaged from the defense. I understand his importance to the play calling and the offense, but for god sakes man you played defense in the NFL. And they could obviously use some help out there.

Precisely.

I think the only way that happens (paying attention to the D) is if he relinquishes play-calling duties. Otherwise, he is going to leave the defensive duties to the guys he hired to handle them.

As for the shaving stuff, we would not be talking about that if we had 7 wins right now. It is ridiculous and nit-picky. There are A LOT of things we should be concerned about, but questioning whether Scott prefers to have a little scruff or not (honestly, that is a real look nowadays for the older folk) is absurd IMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back