• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

He Gone

Drew Brees may be the best HOF caliber QB to play for just one team!

Drew Brees started out with San Diego. He was injured there, and it was doubtful that he could play again. Marty Schottenheimer wanted to keep him, but San Diego wanted Philip Rivers as their franchise QB, so they put Brees up for trade. Nick Saban was at the Dolphins and wanted him badly, but he didn't clear the Dolphins' medical check to approve the trade. He went to New Orleans instead, Saban ends up at 'Bama, and the rest is history.

I think Brady wants to play somewhere else and show everyone that he was the high-end viable athlete.

Show me a great QB and you'll see in most cases he went elsewhere and it did not end well - Montana in KC, Favre in Minnesota. Drew Brees may be the best HOF caliber QB to play for just one team!
Favre was a few blown non-calls aways from the Super Bowl with the Vikings.

I think Brady wants to play somewhere else and show everyone that he was the high-end viable athlete.

Show me a great QB and you'll see in most cases he went elsewhere and it did not end well - Montana in KC, Favre in Minnesota. Drew Brees may be the best HOF caliber QB to play for just one team!
So true..."if I can do it here I can do it anywhere". My initial thought was that Brady was looking for a new market to sell his persona. I fully expected him to sign on the West coast. The Tampa thing has me confused but maybe his "handlers" have noted how many Nor' Easterners live in Florida.

Brady needs to hang up the cleats and bow out a winner. Is he HOF by all means is he the GOAT not so much in my book. For most of his career he had had amazing O lines and receivers that made him look good. Could he mount a 4th quarter come back yes he could but only if he had the supporting cast.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back