• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

He Gone

I saw this, seems crazy. Some team will grossly overpay for his services and will end up regretting it.

He’s an absolute lock as a first ballot HOF’er and maybe the GOAT NFL QB but I think he’s hanging around for too long....

Wonder what really prompted this? I didn't think he'd really leave, but did he start to think that Bellichek got too much credit for his success, and he wanted to prove he could do it without him? Did the Patriots want to move on?

Did Minnesota regret hosting Favre?

Apples and Oranges IMO. Favre's last year at Minnesota he was 41. Brady is already 43. Brady is not and never was the athlete Favre was even at age 40.

Brady just needs to retire gracefully and he doesn't want to do it. He is going to hang on too long like so many great ones.

I saw this, seems crazy. Some team will grossly overpay for his services and will end up regretting it.

He’s an absolute lock as a first ballot HOF’er and maybe the GOAT NFL QB but I think he’s hanging around for too long....

I think the fact the Patriots didn’t try very hard to bring him back is a clear sign they think his body is cooked.

I think the fact the Patriots didn’t try very hard to bring him back is a clear sign they think his body is cooked.
I think the NFL is figuring out that you're not going to win a Super Bowl with a QB that is highly paid. Seems counter-intuitive but when you've got one player out of 60 taking up 15% of your salary cap it is hard to build a competent team around him.

Look at recent history - Mahomes, Brady, Foles, Brady, Manning, Wilson (on his rookie contract), Flacco
- Brady had hometown discounts
- Foles was a backup playing behind a QB on his rookie contract
- Manning was 12% of his team's salary cap; Brady was 8.62% and 10.64%

The absence of a highly paid QB allows you at least 2 or 3 high paid players at other positions or a plethora of talented depth.

Apples and Oranges IMO. Favre's last year at Minnesota he was 41. Brady is already 43. Brady is not and never was the athlete Favre was even at age 40.

Brady just needs to retire gracefully and he doesn't want to do it. He is going to hang on too long like so many great ones.
I think Brady wants to play somewhere else and show everyone that he was the high-end viable athlete.

Show me a great QB and you'll see in most cases he went elsewhere and it did not end well - Montana in KC, Favre in Minnesota. Drew Brees may be the best HOF caliber QB to play for just one team!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back