• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked HATE TO BRING THIS UP ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outback Bowl in Tampa. We went to the Capital One Bowl last year and doubt they'll want us 2 years in a row (then again it is us-nobody travels like we do).

Here's the ESPN bowl projections from last week. KTex is correct in that we would drop past the CapOne bowl to the Outback bowl. The Outback Bowl matches the Big Ten #3 versus the SEC #3.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/65593/big-ten-bowl-projections-week-13-4

SEC #3 is likely to be Georgia, Florida, LSU or Alabama, depending on how the rest of their games shake out. If we win the Big Ten, Northwestern can likely look forward to this matchup. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Here's the ESPN bowl projections from last week. KTex is correct in that we would drop past the CapOne bowl to the Outback bowl. The Outback Bowl matches the Big Ten #3 versus the SEC #3.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/65593/big-ten-bowl-projections-week-13-4

SEC #3 is likely to be Georgia, Florida, LSU or Alabama, depending on how the rest of their games shake out. If we win the Big Ten, Northwestern can likely look forward to this matchup. :Biggrin:

so if we go to the outback bowl then we get whooped?

I have no doubt we could play with a couple of those teams, if not all of them. They aren't invincible.

We have bigger fish to fry though...

I agree! Much rather go to the bigger fish fry!

That list just seemed to me to be a darn good list for an Outback bowl.

I agree! Much rather go to the bigger fish fry!

That list just seemed to me to be a darn good list for an Outback bowl.

Well, those four teams also include #1 and #2 in the SEC- we just don't know who yet. :Biggrin:

I personally think we would match up well with those teams. We had South Carolina last year until we self-destructed. This year's Huskers are less likely to self-destruct all the way to a loss. So I'd like our chances against any of those overhyped teams.

However, I hope our boys win the Big Ten so those seniors can go out on top, and I'd settle for whoever we play in the Rose in that case. Likely UCLA, Stanford or Oregon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back