• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Happy Thanksgiving!

Florida Husker

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Happy Thanksgiving to my Husker Family! Even with all the chaos 2020 has presented us with, there is still so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have gained a new perspective on things that I used to take for granted. I also have been able to spend a lot of quality time with my family as my traveling for work has come to a halt. And while many are still struggling this Thanksgiving, we hope you are able to take a moment and practice some gratitude for all the lessons 2020 has brought us.
Wishing you a day of feasting, laughing and loving one another. Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for each of you and the welcome diversions provided on this board.

God Bless you all!

Great thread..Happy Thanksgiving. I haven't been around in a few years, what time is OU vs NU kickoff today?
A favorite T-day memory was in 1971 and yes, the anticipation was building by the minutes. My uncle, who lived and died with the Huskers would wait at the front door and when neighbors, or anyone drove by he would yank the front door open and yell "go big red" and receive the same reply and then close the door and wait for the next car.

Last edited:

:thumbsup:

db851812a503e64f21e35b9ef3f587a5.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to my Husker Family! Even with all the chaos 2020 has presented us with, there is still so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have gained a new perspective on things that I used to take for granted. I also have been able to spend a lot of quality time with my family as my traveling for work has come to a halt. And while many are still struggling this Thanksgiving, we hope you are able to take a moment and practice some gratitude for all the lessons 2020 has brought us.
Wishing you a day of feasting, laughing and loving one another. Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for each of you and the welcome diversions provided on this board.

God Bless you all!
Back at you and all of the Husker fans and families.

I LONG for the days when NE played OK for the Big 8 championship or when CO was our foe, but not so much, CO! The games on T.giving and Black Friday gave an opportunity for the country and the world to witness, "the best of the best" (not CO) playing one another. As hard as folks want to try to believe that NE and IA are arch-rivals, for me, nothing compares to the respectful attitude that NE and OK fans/players had for one another. My parents traveled to OK for a game in the 50's. I will never forget their dilemma--they said that when they got up to cheer for DONU, when they went to sit down again they discovered that they lost their seats to the OKie fans! But, they said that the Okie fans were "polite!"

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back