• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Happiest or most memorable win

HuskerRef

Varsity
10 Year Member
Obviously the '95 Miami was the biggest from an overall perspective.

From a personal perspective it would be 2018 Michigan State. My two boys, my brother, and I came back for the game. It was freezing cold, snowing, and it was amazing. We still talk about the experience, such a great family memory.

KSBV

Recruit
2 Year Member
All of the aforementioned wins were great, but not yet mentioned was one that was really memorable for me, the 1963 29-20 won over Oklahoma, giving NU its first Conference championship since 1940. The Sooners roughed up the Huskers 34-6 in Norman the year before, plus President Kennedy was assassinated the day before, so there was a lot of doubt the game would be played. The game was not as close as the score would indicate. This win really put the Big 8 on notice that Devaney and his team were for real.

MHKHusker

Fake Quarterback
5 Year Member
In recent memory, it was last year's northwestern game.
Not because of the outcome, but because I attended the game with 2 of my boys
I enjoyed it because I hadn’t seen someone or something take it’s anger out harder on someone or something else in my entire life

T-Husker

Bleed Red
5 Year Member
NU 24 Miami 17 (all time great game) - also the most recent victory in Lincoln where the Huskers won 41-31 was a great game. Probably the loudest game I've been to in Memorial Stadium.

NU 62 Florida 24 (all time great game where we absolutely dominated)

NU 17 OU 14 - As a kid I was a big Rick Berns fan; he made the cover of Sports Illustrated after this game

NU over CU - Every Victory over the Colorado Puffs is a great game with great memories!

Cornjob

Recruit
2 Year Member
Watching the flea-kicker Missouri game in my living room, with my study partner. We both knew the game was pretty much over and we'd lost. At the beginning of the play, we were both on the couch watching. After Matt Davison swooped in to catch that ball, and the ref signaled TD, we were both yelling and standing up. I have no memory of standing, just that I suddenly came to my senses and I was standing in the middle of the living room. It was crazy.

And for the other list, I remember after Turner Gill threw the incompletion on the 2 point try in 1983, I was laying on the floor in the living room and started tearing up. The coverage stayed on, and they went back to the local station, which was the news. The local news anchors were visibly crying. I turned around to see my parents sitting on the couch, and they both had tears in their eyes. Its hard to convey to people that didn't grow up in Nebraska what those Tom Osborne teams meant to the state.

TFrazier

Meme or GIF
10 Year Member
Watching the flea-kicker Missouri game in my living room, with my study partner. We both knew the game was pretty much over and we'd lost. At the beginning of the play, we were both on the couch watching. After Matt Davison swooped in to catch that ball, and the ref signaled TD, we were both yelling and standing up. I have no memory of standing, just that I suddenly came to my senses and I was standing in the middle of the living room. It was crazy.

And for the other list, I remember after Turner Gill threw the incompletion on the 2 point try in 1983, I was laying on the floor in the living room and started tearing up. The coverage stayed on, and they went back to the local station, which was the news. The local news anchors were visibly crying. I turned around to see my parents sitting on the couch, and they both had tears in their eyes. Its hard to convey to people that didn't grow up in Nebraska what those Tom Osborne teams meant to the state.

Though very hard to watch, the 1984 Orange Bowl loss solidified/strengthened my fandom.

Last edited:

Boji Husker

All Big 10
2 Year Member
With a thread going with most depressing loss (for me the 2001 Colorado game as that changed an era) and with less then three weeks to kick off; want to start now doing a thread of happiest win. For me it was the 1995 Orange Bowl beating Miami to win the 94 Championship. Close 2nd is the 2001 Oklahoma game as that solidified Crouch for the Heisman.
Yup, this one. Shed a few tears. Beating Miami on their home field for an undefeated NC was sweet indeed.

dparks

Varsity
15 Year Member
In person: last minute win over CFB eventual playoff team Michigan State 39-38
41-31 win over Miami (only time, IN MY LIFE, I heard Memorial Stadium boo the opposing team for over 30 minutes straight)
30-27 win over Wisky back in 2012.

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
10 Year Member
I'd have to go with 95 NC vs Florida, simply because they gave us no credit to match the amazing Florida speed. It was a great game to watch, better if I had been there.

Bigger Ed

Scout Team
5 Year Member
The 62-24 win over Florida because I got to watch it my Dad and see how happy it made him
Mine too. I'm in the minority but I love being on the right end of a beat down. Was so fun watching Spurrier on the sidelines, trying to figure out what the heck was happening to his #2 team.

58618faf62745.image.jpg

the fountainhead

Scout Team
10 Year Member
1983 Oklahoma game. Switzer was so miffed.

Lots of others! The Colorado game with Henerys 57 yarder!

Last edited:

HayBroncSker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member

I'm sorry to say as a teenager in 1997 I was ticked that it was even a ballgame let alone being down at halftime. I stopped watching and had to come back and watch replays of Davison's catch after the game was over. :confused:

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS