• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Happiest or most memorable win

In person…1992 Colorado on Halloween.

I purchased/mailed the payment for one ticket to a fan and agreed to meet him at the stadium. I drove 2 hours for the game but he was 30 minutes late meeting at the stadium. Of course I was getting pretty nervous but I finally received the ticket. I was very appreciative that he let me buy the ticket as I purchased tickets from him in the past. The game was epic even though I didn’t know anyone.

I drove home that night in an incredibly thick fog and struggled to see 1-2 white passing lines in front of my car. In hindsight, I am lucky I made it home.

Last edited:

In person…1992 Colorado on Halloween.

I purchased one ticket from a fan and agreed to meet him at the stadium. I drove 2 hours for the game but he was 30 minutes late meeting at the stadium. Of course I was getting pretty nervous but I finally received the ticket. The game was epic even though I didn’t know anyone.

I drove home that night in an incredibly thick fog and struggled to see 1-2 white passing lines in front of my car. In hindsight, I am lucky I made it home.
I was there too. Beatdown. Calvin Jones scored on a long run and celebrated too early. Took his helmet off.

The Orange Bowl against Tennessee. I was living in Knoxville at the time and met a buddy of mine from Chicago in Miami for the game. Bought the tickets from the UT ticket office so we were right in the middle of the Tennessee section. I had a smile on my face the entire way back from Miami to Knoxville. Total domination of Peyton Manning in the Vols!

Last edited:
Most exciting ones I ever saw pesonally were the last minute field goal against Wyoming in Devaney's first or second year, the Henerey field goal, and the field goal in Columbia that beat a real good Missouri team at the end of the game.

The most fun was the Gotham Bowl in Yankee stadium when we beat a good Miami team before me and about 500 other fans in bitter, bitter cold weather.

The most stunning was our whipping of Florida in that amazing game. Who had that margin of victory selected in advance?

The most satsifying was the first TO championship, particularly because Miami was such a big talking team in advance of the game.

The most knock your head against the wall frustrating gme was that Iowa State fumble and general screw up game.

The two most memorable were games I saw with my dad and sister: CU game with Alex Henry and Suh and the Fiesta Bowl against FL for the National Championship. Both were pretty awesome experiences.

The Miracle in Missouri has got to be up there... I've never heard my dad scream that loud again in my entire life.

Seeing the 98 Orange Bowl in person was probably the most memorable for me, but that game was never really in doubt, so it was not quite as exciting.
I was at the watch site in Atlanta. We'd regularly get 200-300 sitting in these long tables then. This Ohio St fan (bitter over NU run) mouthed off the entire game. I guess the Acorns had beaten Misery worse earlier in the season. Basically hammering NU that we had trouble with Misery. After we won I saw a guy leap over me and grab a pitcher and douse the Ohio St moron. Very unlike NU fans. But he totally deserved it. It was wild....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back