• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hamburgers

I might have to give Culver's a try. Never had it. There is a location just a few miles from home, so maybe I'll hit it up this weekend.

I do love a good burger. And it really just depends on my mood which burger at which restaurant I will choose that day. Could be a chain. Could be a local joint. I'm not a picky person, and 90% of burgers I've had in my lifetime are quite good.
Did you ever try Culver's?

Did you ever try Culver's?

I did! And -- I think it's fantastic. The whole menu and generally atmosphere, really. I also had one of their frozen custards, which was delicious.

That's a darn good burger that is as good or better than any fast food burger out there. I'd probably prefer Culvers over In-N-out or Waterburger. I actually really like Shake Shack (probably my fave chain burger joint) -- but it's quite pricey, which has to downgrade it some.

I'm not too picky, so always take my reviews with a grain of salt. 80% of the restaurants I go to, I'd rate an A. 10% a B. The other 10% I wouldn't go back to. It's pretty easy to please me. I really just need variety (I do not like getting stuck in any food ruts).

I did! And -- I think it's fantastic. The whole menu and generally atmosphere, really. I also had one of their frozen custards, which was delicious.

That's a darn good burger that is as good or better than any fast food burger out there. I'd probably prefer Culvers over In-N-out or Waterburger. I actually really like Shake Shack (probably my fave chain burger joint) -- but it's quite pricey, which has to downgrade it some.

I'm not too picky, so always take my reviews with a grain of salt. 80% of the restaurants I go to, I'd rate an A. 10% a B. The other 10% I wouldn't go back to. It's pretty easy to please me. I really just need variety (I do not like getting stuck in any food ruts).
I'm with you. Culver's is really good, but I'm not terribly picky with burgers either. Or restaurants in general.

Just had Culver's for the first time last night as they just opened in NC. Fries were disappointing, the chocolate custard was good, but I decided to be different and get the pot roast sandwich. For a fast food place, it was pretty dadgum good.

Culver's does have good hamburgers, but.........not as good as Runza hamburgers. Always so fresh and tasty.

That's why I snarf them down as quickly as I can
Yep. They bundle together hot dog size nicely. When the Freddie's opened by me it was like Black Friday at Wal-Mart selling $50 big screen tv's. It's funny because across the street is a McDonald's, which has been there since the early 80's, and I thought for sure they would take a big hit when Freddie's opened but the overflow crowd has been so large and steady that both are busy.

Freddies are tasty but thin, maybe a 1 or 2 oz burger. I always get a double. Better than Inn n out, imho. Fries are really good. Superior to I n O.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back