• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gus Johnson

SantaKlaus

Recruit
5 Year Member
The World Famous Ohio State University? Is that a real thing, or just Gus doing his best to be the next Brent Musburger?

Gus' style was great when he was relegated to non-marquee games 10 or so years ago. He put a lot of effort into hyping up teams and games that needed a lot of hype, and it worked when he was doing a Purdue/Minnesota game on BTN at 7pm. Now that he's the voice of CFB on FOX, he hasn't figured out, or simply doesn't want to, that all that extra enthusiasm isn't needed, because the games don't need all the extra hype. It comes across as forced, and in some ways artificial.

I guess to each their own right? I love the enthusiasm and wish others were not so drab and uninterested in the game they are calling.

Ok....I give.

Who is Gus Johnson?
gus-johnson-122120-fox-ftrjpg_dnexgoyd87jm1v0syjcs3g3z2.jpg

PbP announcer that most people think is annoying. Only annoying people like him.

:Rockon:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back