• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gronk's Parting Gift to Patriots

Thought it was funny as hell......... leave it to Gronk to go out with explanation point! lol

Great football player, otherwise I don't have much use for him, not that it matters to him.

Actually i think he is a guy who does not take himself serious.
Patriots player Rob Gronkowski is retiring from the NFL with $54 million of his career earnings. Perhaps some other NFL players who are now flat broke could have learned a little something about money from Gronk. I quote him.... "To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money," he wrote. "I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school."

That's what I call an extremely smart NFL player that's now set for life! Good for him.....

Last edited:

Patriots player Rob Gronkowski is retiring from the NFL with $54 million of his career earnings. Perhaps some other NFL players who are now flat broke could have learned a little something about money from Gronk. I quote him.... "To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money," he wrote. "I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school."

That's what I call an extremely smart NFL player that's now set for life! Good for him.....
He also did a kids show where he and a hot blonde made fun of videos of people screwing up doing sports. (Skateboard, surfing etc. ) it was called crashletes. My grandson loved it. Guy is pretty down to earth.

He also did a kids show where he and a hot blonde made fun of videos of people screwing up doing sports. (Skateboard, surfing etc. ) it was called crashletes. My grandson loved it. Guy is pretty down to earth.
Not sure why anyone wouldn't like this guy except he played his entire career for a winning team? Regardless of his diminished skills the past couple of years he'll be sorely missed by the Pats in crunch time. He took a real beating over the years and was smart for getting out while he's relatively healthy imo. I wish him the best no matter what his lifes choices bring going forward.........

I'd say the dented trophy is worth more than the others. I can see the tours now.

"And finally, I like you to notice the massive dent in our 6th trophy, caused by none other than Hall of Fame TE, Rob Gronkowski!"

Not sure why anyone wouldn't like this guy except he played his entire career for a winning team? Regardless of his diminished skills the past couple of years he'll be sorely missed by the Pats in crunch time. He took a real beating over the years and was smart for getting out while he's relatively healthy imo. I wish him the best no matter what his lifes choices bring going forward.........

I guess it is just a personality thing. He was an awesome football player, very smart with his money, and I can't put my finger on it, there is just something about him that just doesn't jive with me. Again my assumption is that he doesn't really care what people think about him, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I guess it is just a personality thing. He was an awesome football player, very smart with his money, and I can't put my finger on it, there is just something about him that just doesn't jive with me. Again my assumption is that he doesn't really care what people think about him, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
It's a simple fact of life not everyone is going to like everyone else regardless. I admit there are some people I just don't like that are much beloved by the media. Why don't I like them..?? I guess the only answer is I just don't like them no matter... My point he's an excellent example to professional athletes that are making millions to think about the day they won't making those millions.... They need to protect themselves because no one else will imo. It's really sad to see so many great athletes that are flat broke after retiring having made millions.............

I get where you're coming from with the whole personality thing. He's what my fiance and I like to call a 'bro'. It's just a stereotype of guys who present as uber masculine with a sprinkle of cave-manish. Gronk has never really bothered me though. I've encountered guys like him my entire life. Their loud, masculine persona tends to be just that. I've found there is a lot more going on underneath that really is worth knowing, but being a psychologist I am biased at that conclusion :) Obviously I know nothing about Gronk, but everything I've heard is that he is a level-headed guy and does quite a bit of charity work within and outside his foundation. http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...ot-often-told-generosity-to-charitable-causes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back