• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grillgrates

does anyone else use grillgrates? i bought them awhile back and they make a fantastic difference.
I had to look up what grill grates actually were. Essentially what I thought they may be, however I've never used them. Can you explain how and why they are fantastic? I mean, I have an idea about that too, but I'd like to hear from someone who actually uses them.

I had to look up what grill grates actually were. Essentially what I thought they may be, however I've never used them. Can you explain how and why they are fantastic? I mean, I have an idea about that too, but I'd like to hear from someone who actually uses them.

I have them on my weber summit gas grill. The grillgrates simply sit on top of the existing grates but do 2 things. first they significantly reduce or completely stop flare ups. The drippings evaporate in the grillgrates and enhance the flavor as well. another added benefit it increased the temp. of my grill. The first time i cooked a ribeye steak i couldn't believe the amount of smoke coming out of the grill and there weren't any flare ups. I also just bought a couple of their riddles which i can use for smash burgers or grill veggies.

https://www.grillgrate.com/

2643_2.jpg

Gonna have to take a serious look at these.

I couldn't believe the difference it has made. My weber summit is a fantastic grill but this has brought it to a whole new level. I love ribeye steaks but flare ups have always been a problem until now. I can also take them off and put them on my charcoal grill. tomorrow i will try the griddle to see how it works as i am making smash burgers.

I couldn't believe the difference it has made. My weber summit is a fantastic grill but this has brought it to a whole new level. I love ribeye steaks but flare ups have always been a problem until now. I can also take them off and put them on my charcoal grill. tomorrow i will try the griddle to see how it works as i am making smash burgers.
I have a summit 670 so good to know.

FullSizeRender.jpg
I've never heard of these until this thread. I was curious to see if they had a drop in replacement set for my Genesis. Well, they sure do. I think I'll order a set based on what you guys are saying. Worst case scenario if I don't like them I'll throw them in with my camping gear. I'm sure I can find a use for them there.

View attachment 12155 I've never heard of these until this thread. I was curious to see if they had a drop in replacement set for my Genesis. Well, they sure do. I think I'll order a set based on what you guys are saying. Worst case scenario if I don't like them I'll throw them in with my camping gear. I'm sure I can find a use for them there.

I set my grillgrates right on top of the existing grates.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back