• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grilled some wings last weekend

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
This is the first time I've ever grilled them and they were incredibly good. Did some classic hot wings and some honey chipotle BBQ.

wings.jpg

wings 2.jpg

Next up is smoked wings.

Y'all are welcome to come out and try some, anytime. I'll even provide the beer. Just call before you hit the road.

Grilled buffalo wings are on the menu for us today. I think the key is to apply a dry rub of poultry spices, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper before grilling. I do the sear first and then indirect heat method.

Grilled buffalo wings are on the menu for us today. I think the key is to apply a dry rub of poultry spices, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper before grilling. I do the sear first and then indirect heat method.

I do just the opposite. I smoke them for 2-3 hours around 115 degrees then I go hot at 380 to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin.

I do just the opposite. I smoke them for 2-3 hours around 115 degrees then I go hot at 380 to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin.

I sear at the end too. At the beginning to lock up the juices, and at the end to crisp the skin, and then indirect for the middle.

This is my method as well, when smoking vs. grilling. Love smoked wings. Or grilled wings. Or fried wings. Or...

I must be lazy, I just throw them in my turkey fryer at 375* and brush some buffalo sauce when they're done

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back