• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Greg bell

Point is they didn't go to an SEC school where just being on a certain team could get you an invite.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I drank to much cough syrup last night. LOL

C

SDSU is a very solid program right now. They play football under Rocky Long almost like a west coast Wisconsin. Run the ball and play good defense. Nothing flashy, just solid fundamental football.

It usually comes down to Boise St or SDSU for the Mt West title. The sad part is that nobody in San Diego cares. Right now they play in the Murph and have trouble getting 20,000 to watch a game by a team that is winning 9-10 games a year. When they tear down Jack Murphy they are going to build like a 30,000 seat stadium for SDSU football.

Not to quibble but they average over 20k and it has been going up. Of course big games like Stanford and others break the 30k barrier. In a town that has pretty much perfect weather, the beach, mountains, tons of hiking and mountain bike trails, great nightlife scene for all types of people, etc I am amazed they get as many as they do. The new stadium will fit 35K which is 4k short of the attendance for the Boise St. game.

C

Not to quibble but they average over 20k and it has been going up. Of course big games like Stanford and others break the 30k barrier. In a town that has pretty much perfect weather, the beach, mountains, tons of hiking and mountain bike trails, great nightlife scene for all types of people, etc I am amazed they get as many as they do. The new stadium will fit 35K which is 4k short of the attendance for the Boise St. game.

C

That's good, I didn't look anything up. I was going off of what it said on the local talk radio here in Boise. They should still draw better. The excuse of too much to do is just an excuse if you ask me. Boise has everything you listed except a beach. Either you want to support the team or you don't. It is the same pretty much over all of California for sporting events. They will show up for the big games, if the team is good, but otherwise they just don't care.

That's good, I didn't look anything up. I was going off of what it said on the local talk radio here in Boise. They should still draw better. The excuse of too much to do is just an excuse if you ask me. Boise has everything you listed except a beach. Either you want to support the team or you don't. It is the same pretty much over all of California for sporting events. They will show up for the big games, if the team is good, but otherwise they just don't care.

I agree to a point, weather does effect people's decisions about going to games. Also up until just a couple years ago it was all about the Chargers. It is not like BSU is lighting it up in attendance with a 31k average.

C

Last edited:

I agree to a point, weather does effect people's decisions about going to games. Also up until just a couple years ago it was all about the Chargers. It is not like BSU is lighting it up in attendance with a 31k average that is falling.

C

Yeah I know BSU attendance is down. The problem is TV. Basically all of BSU's home games start at 8:15 pm MT for TV. The games get over at midnight. That is why I never go. I live 50 minutes away from the stadium when traffic is light. If I am lucky I am home at 2 AM. I am not going to do that. If the games started even a couple of hours sooner like at 6:15 they would draw 5K more. I know I would go to a couple year. It is a good atmosphere and the games are usually good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back