• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Greg bell

HuskerJ

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
How is walking on at san Diego State better than back up duty or better at UNL? Doesn't matter of course but am I missing something there?

How is walking on at san Diego State better than back up duty or better at UNL? Doesn't matter of course but am I missing something there?

If he didn't have to JUCO he would have been here out of high school. Sounds like the perfect place for him.

C

He is from the San Diego area so is going home. SDSU has no scholarships at the moment. I suspect t he has been promised the first one that opens up. Finally they seem to think he will get a waiver for immediate playing time

Any idea why he transferred and took the risk of taking another year off?

From the article I posted.

Bell says now that he was distracted by health issues with a family member.
“Being away so far, I wasn’t able to help,” Bell said. “It was stressing me out, trying to play football there and worrying about what was going on here. Now, I’ll actually be home where I can have an impact. ...

C

Much of your question has already been answered.

But to add -- San Diego State is a solid football program. Likely one of the top 4 or 5 non-power five programs this decade.

SDSU is 17th in FBS in total wins this decade. They've been to a bowl game every season, 2010-2018. And they've plugged running backs into the NFL. Obviously, Marshall Faulk. Currently, two SDSU RBs are on NFL rosters -- and a third earlier this decade.

It's not a slouch program.

Didn't Solich have to deal with that with DeAngelo?
Yes... Evans quit for a little while, and then was allowed to come back. He was never the same after he quit though. I think he then ended up transferring to somewhere like Emporia State.

Evans was incredible as a Freshman at NU. Didn't do much after that season though.

Yes... Evans quit for a little while, and then was allowed to come back. He was never the same after he quit though. I think he then ended up transferring to somewhere like Emporia State.

Evans was incredible as a Freshman at NU. Didn't do much after that season though.
I was thinking Frank let the Unity Council chime in and then they denied his reinstatement making him transfer. Worked for Crouch, not for Evans.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back