• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Green was huge! Now that he is N who is the next 3 biggest Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By position:

1) TE
2) LB
3) CB

If Dennard goes NFL, move that position up and possible JUCO.

Dexter Moody is a high priority JUCO possibility at LB.

Sounds about right to me, although based on our current OL class, I would like to see Johnson before Hobbi. I would also really like to see Peat as I love his explosion off the line. Maybe I'm wrong, but Onwuasor almost seems like he could be ours if we really push for him? Once Allen made his decision, we may be looking for another position? A TE instead perhaps?

If I were Nebraska, I would take a WR over a TE. I dont see a lot of talent on the roster at WR, while Reed and Cotton will be juniors next year. Also, the TE has been almost non-existent for the Husker offense other than a few passes to Reed. Nebraska needs playmakers at WR IMHO.

If I were Nebraska, I would take a WR over a TE. I dont see a lot of talent on the roster at WR, while Reed and Cotton will be juniors next year. Also, the TE has been almost non-existent for the Husker offense other than a few passes to Reed. Nebraska needs playmakers at WR IMHO.

Actually your arguments support the importance of recruiting TE's. If we do not recruit a TE this year, then when Reed and Cotton graduate, you would be relying on RS Freshmen--a dangerous recruiting strategy. As far as playmakers go, TE's do more than just catch passes. They also block and often act as your 6th offensive linemen.

IMHO, I think we need to go after 1) DE 2) LB, and 3) another DE. The coaches must not be too high on Williams and Ankrah if Thomzen(?) is getting minutes because he is the best DE that can put pressure on the QB. Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the 2011 recruiting, but that is what I see as our biggest need right now. I would like to land Hobbi though to round out the offensive line.

Actually your arguments support the importance of recruiting TE's. If we do not recruit a TE this year, then when Reed and Cotton graduate, you would be relying on RS Freshmen--a dangerous recruiting strategy. As far as playmakers go, TE's do more than just catch passes. They also block and often act as your 6th offensive linemen.

With Kyler Reed and Ben Cotton having two more years of eligibility after this season, I don't see an immediate need at TE, while WR is bare IMHO. The TE is not used very much in this offense, while Nebraska starts 3 WRs. Nebraska recruited JT Kerr in the c/o '09 and will have two more classes to get some more bodies into the fold. I think they could also go the JUCO route between now and the time Cotton and Reed leave. I do agree they could use a TE, I just look at the players available and the numbers and I would personally choose a WR recruit like Patrick Onwuasor over a TE prospect like Darien Bryant. Now if AC Leonard were still available, that would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back