• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Green.. Need I say More?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the game Helu had yesterday and with Roy graduating, Green has got to be loving the opportunity to step in and show what he can do right away.

I agree that those recruit who deside as you described we do not want, but I do think one game CAN make a difference for a recruit that has taken everything else into account. If a recruit in HIS mind believe that 2 schools are equal in tradition, stass, acedemic, atmosphere etc etc then which he might not say I choose school A because they won. He might think well based on the win school A is closer to turning the corner and playing for championship so I will choose school A. So sometimes one game can make a difference. It is their carater that determines what factor one game plays in their decision process.

I think the kids get a general idea of the direction a program is going. Why would a game in 2010 matter to a kid who wont be on campus until 2011? I think recruits are more concerned with the 2011 outlook (and beyond) than they are a game in 2010. Would they like to see their school of choice go undefeated? Sure, of course. But they are more concerned with how good they will be when they actually get on campus. All-in-all, I think recruits are more worried about two years down the road than two weeks.

I liken it to someone looking into buying a stock. You do your homework and watch the stock perform. Is it nice that you feel the stock has a bright future and has done well? Of course, but you are more concerned how well its going to do once you finally put your hard earned money down and you are a share holder. The future of the stock with you as a proprietor is of far more concern than how it was doing while you were looking and considering it. Know what I mean?

I think the kids get a general idea of the direction a program is going. Why would a game in 2010 matter to a kid who wont be on campus until 2011? I think recruits are more concerned with the 2011 outlook (and beyond) than they are a game in 2010. Would they like to see their school of choice go undefeated? Sure, of course. But they are more concerned with how good they will be when they actually get on campus. All-in-all, I think recruits are more worried about two years down the road than two weeks.

I liken it to someone looking into buying a stock. You do your homework and watch the stock perform. Is it nice that you feel the stock has a bright future and has done well? Of course, but you are more concerned how well its going to do once you finally put your hard earned money down and you are a share holder. The future of the stock with you as a proprietor is of far more concern than how it was doing while you were looking and considering it. Know what I mean?

I understand completely. Good comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back