• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Green.. Need I say More?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when this staff was assembled?

Most of us wondered what kind of recruiting they could do. Well, we knew Barney was abrasive and didn't relate well with recruits. We heard Bo did little to no recruiting at LSU and had heard he was putoff by that aspect of the college game. Ekeler and Papuchis? Who the heck are those guys? Thank God Beck has those Texas connections....

I really like the outcome so far. Kudos to this coaching staff. Keep plugging away.

Texas being full at RB had nothing to do with his decision and that is a fact....had he wanted to go to Texas they would have made room for him....you don't turn away or turn down a talent like Aaron Green....so I could not disagree with you more......

Aaron Green is not switching to Texas...he is a Husker...

There will always be schools (especially most of those on his list) who will have great classes, there are more than enough great talented kids to go around to the top 15 or 20 teams....my point is that we offer a great situation to a kid to play football and get an education....we have a great class this year who gets that....

I agree...so far

RR, I agree that Nebraska has a great class going again, but as far a a "great class" goes so do a few others on Green's list and yes Nebraska brings all those things that you mentioned but so do most of those schools on the list.

I do not believe the Texas game had anything to do with his decision...I think the fact that Texas is full at the RB position does;, and I worry that if Texas come a callin' Green may switch...I hope Texas does not come a callingsometime in the next 15 weeks or so.

Last edited:
My orginal post in this thread was in reference to your thoughts after we lost to Texas....

Yeah you can always loose someone.....but I guess I don't choose to sit around and think of the ways it could or couldn't happen...

Like I told you after the Texas game its about more than one loss to Texas...

Yes, so far. I like the class but it is still a long time till Feb.. It's not like NU has ever lost a 'top' recruit at the last minute.. Have They? Just sayin

I agree. There are so many other things a player would be interested in than just a win or a loss on a particular Saturday. The player if he is smart would be looking at many different things such as facilities, relationships developed during the visit with players and coaches, how the coaches see the player fitting into the defensive and offensive schemes, etc... In the case of Green having his brother on campus and his BBQ at the Penland's house were huge.

Actually, I think it must have been the BBQ that was the clincher! Nebraska BBQ must be coming up in the world to compete with Texas.

Yup...very well said....

I agree. There are so many other things a player would be interested in than just a win or a loss on a particular Saturday. The player if he is smart would be looking at many different things such as facilities, relationships developed during the visit with players and coaches, how the coaches see the player fitting into the defensive and offensive schemes, etc... In the case of Green having his brother on campus and his BBQ at the Penland's house were huge.

Somewhat indirectly related to this thread (regarding how much a win or loss might impact a recruit).

Which kind of game would you rather attend as a fan?

A. An easy 49-10 win against a non-BCS team
B. A hard fought 20-13 loss to a good BCS team

Somewhat indirectly related to this thread (regarding how much a win or loss might impact a recruit).

Which kind of game would you rather attend as a fan?

A. An easy 49-10 win against a non-BCS team
B. A hard fought 20-13 loss to a good BCS team

Only if Texas was a good team.

And Rivals unbiased coverage can still promote the "Tunder-N-Lightning" approached on behalf of their lord and master, Mack Brown to try to turn him. How 'bout another 15 articles where the entire Texas team interviews Green on how wonderful it would be if he switched to Texas.

Love that unbiased coverage!

And Rivals unbiased coverage can still promote the "Tunder-N-Lightning" approached on behalf of their lord and master, Mack Brown to try to turn him. How 'bout another 15 articles where the entire Texas team interviews Green on how wonderful it would be if he switched to Texas.

Love that unbiased coverage!

At some point, doesn't the NCAA step in to regulate that type of activity?

Green may have taken note of Helu's monster game today and the fact he is a SR IB. Green will play as a true frosh and make an impact bank on it.

At some point, doesn't the NCAA step in to regulate that type of activity?

I seriously think that it was an NCAA violation except that "unbiased" journalists get a free ride under the law.

The whole point of that ridiculous "Tunder, Tunder, Tundercats, HO!" article was to try and persuade Green to go to Texas. How obvious can you be?

Only if Texas was a good team.

Ok, let me phrase that differently. Let's pretend that I'm going to give you free tickets to a game before next season starts. I'll let you choose between Fresno State and Ohio State. Which game would you prefer? Would you choose Fresno because it is more likely that we'd win that game?

Ok, let me phrase that differently. Let's pretend that I'm going to give you free tickets to a game before next season starts. I'll let you choose between Fresno State and Ohio State. Which game would you prefer? Would you choose Fresno bec ause it is more likely that we'd win that game?
:lol: try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back