• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Greatest NFL Huskers

Kevin Greene. Lol I understand, he should have made the pro bowl. You named two. There are 4 at least who make it.

Kevin Carter -- not Greene. Carter was Wistrom's teammate, as I mentioned.

I named the first team all-pro defensive ends. Carter and Kearse.

Second team was Tony Brackens and Simeon Rice.

Pro Bowl is separate. That's a peer vote. All-Pro is an AP vote. Wistrom was shut out of both.

Kearse did not play in the Pro Bowl. It was the 3 mentioned plus Michael Strahan.

Last edited:

Kevin Carter -- not Greene. Carter was Wistrom's teammate, as I mentioned.

I named the first team all-pro defensive ends. Carter and Kearse.

Second team was Tony Brackens and Simeon Rice.

Pro Bowl is separate. That's a peer vote. All-Pro is an AP vote. Wistrom was shut out of both.

Kearse did not play in the Pro Bowl. It was the 3 mentioned plus Michael Strahan.
My bad. Wasn’t Kevin Greene on the Rams around that time? I still think he should have made 3 pro bowls. Dude was a menace his first 5 years in the league.

My bad. Wasn’t Kevin Greene on the Rams around that time? I still think he should have made 3 pro bowls. Dude was a menace his first 5 years in the league.

He was a great player. In '99, he was with Carolina. Greene was with the Rams from the mid '80s to early '90s.

Just reading up on him -- I didn't catch in the news that he passed away two years ago (heart attack).

He was a great player. In '99, he was with Carolina. Greene was with the Rams from the mid '80s to early '90s.

Just reading up on him -- I didn't catch in the news that he passed away two years ago (heart attack).
I think I remember that. Awful. You’ll have to forgive for the mistake. My NFL knowledge isn’t what it used to be. I’m a passive watcher of the NFL.

Last edited:
Yes he is.

His induction speech was done by Fran Tarkenton with Mick standing next to him.

He had Parkinson's with dementia and was unable to give the speech.

Heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.
I saw that too. Those diseases suck for anyone involved, family or friends included. I'm glad Fran was there to give him his props. He was a Husker great and Viking great!

I saw that too. Those diseases suck for anyone involved, family or friends included. I'm glad Fran was there to give him his props. He was a Husker great and Viking great!

Yes it does, I have a family member as I speak suffering with it. Probably not a lot of time left for him.

Heartbreaking.

Yes he was a great.

A modest hard working great.

Last edited:

He made the All Madden team in 1999, and he definitely should have made the pro bowl after the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons. How he didn’t is beyond me. In 1999, he had 60 tackles, 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns, 7 passes defensed (as a lineman), one fumble recovery, 6.5 sacks, along with numerous hurries. He was a menace. Oh, and his team won the Super Bowl. It was a joke he didn’t make it.
The pro bowl is a joke in general.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back