• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Great indication of where we are offensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now currently have 4 guys starting along the line that have no business being there (in my opinion). Gates is the only one that should be there. Utter has this happen all the time, Hahn, Whitaker, and Knevel we all know about.
Completely whiffing on a block is less indicative of talent and more indicative of technique, don't you think? It's one thing if you're overpowered, but stepping with the right foot and at least getting a body on someone across from you is something anyone should be able to do more often than not.

Completely whiffing on a block is less indicative of talent and more indicative of technique, don't you think? It's one thing if you're overpowered, but stepping with the right foot and at least getting a body on someone across from you is something anyone should be able to do more often than not.

Unless the guy opposite you is just that much faster.

I could buy that. But I also know he's not very good even when he takes the right steps, so probably a little of both.

I agree we started throwing too early, or abandoning the run. But the reason i'm kind of shrugging my shoulders to it is because it wouldn't have mattered. That beat down was happening last night no matter what the offensive gameplan.

I'm more upset with how our defense played.

99% true. But imho, what makes this statement 100% true is when you start slinging the ball around and throwing fades on 3rd and 8 on almost every drive. Again, this is all moot because the second Tommy got hurt, there was zero chance of NU winning. But it was happening before he got hurt.

I agree we started throwing too early, or abandoning the run. But the reason i'm kind of shrugging my shoulders to it is because it wouldn't have mattered. That beat down was happening last night no matter what the offensive gameplan.

I'm more upset with how our defense played.

:nod:

Right now we have three walkons starting on the offensive line. This should never happen!
Well... we haven't recruited a walk-on OL for the last two years so we may not have to worry about that. But the only year we made it to the B1G championship (coincidentally a 10-2 regular season) we started 3 walk-ons along the offensive line. Crazy to think about.

Last edited:
Well... we haven't recruited a walk-on OL for the last two years so we may not have to worry about that. But the only year we made it to the B1G championship (coincidentally a 10-2 regular season) we started 3 walk-ons along the offensive line. Crazy to think about.

Nice! Everyone, *** is predicting NU to run the table, Wisconsin to lose, and NU to give up 70 to either Michigan or OSU in the title game. Take it to the bank.

Nice! Everyone, *** is predicting NU to run the table, Wisconsin to lose, and NU to give up 70 to either Michigan or OSU in the title game. Take it to the bank.
A6ZAJ_s-200x150.gif

We now currently have 4 guys starting along the line that have no business being there (in my opinion). Gates is the only one that should be there. Utter has this happen all the time, Hahn, Whitaker, and Knevel we all know about.
Careful ***, you're not serving koolaid and may get called out by the over the top pumpers. GBR

It really isn't the end of the world to be where NU is this morning.
Dial it back. Let me say that again. Dial it back.
Find a way to win the next three games. Tie for winning the west. That should be the goal
Forget about everything else. It is a three game season and about finishing strong recruiting.
No need to torture people with vids of the oline getting whipped We all saw it live. No need to bag the defense either. They have held their own with the exception of last night.
I am moving on. It's the best thing for the team and the fan base.

Again, I just want to reiterate that something as simple as "block the guy in front of you" is not being performed. There's not much an offensive coordinator can do there. And it's something we really haven't had to deal with at Nebraska. Many times the OL for Garrison or Cotton wouldn't block someone, but we were going at a fast pace and had an Abdullah back there to pick a hole. We are now running an offense that tries to create the hole for the RB. Not gonna work with this OL against an Ohio State.

I think we started throwing a bit more than we needed to, especially when it wasn't due to a certain pass play working, we just started running fades. But the issue is when you are the OC and see this happen in the booth, there's not a singe run play that will work and if you call another run after this it's a safety. Also, Ohio State was basically manning us up on the outside and daring us to beat them there, we are going to have to win more on those (Morgan didn't have a great game). And if you are recruiting Joseph Lewis' and Jamire Calvin's still, you basically put on the game film and say "are you going to be able to beat that corner, because we aren't right now."

It comes back to what I stated last night after the game. We could have ran more than we did and the score would have been 42-3 or something like that, but does it really matter at that point? They also were hosed because they can't get Fyfe hurt.
I dont mind that we throw, its that we are throwing 30 and 40 yards down field when we need 10 yards or less. Second, if IM in the secondary, I just watch Tommys eyes and know where he is going to throw. He locks on to the receiver like a stinger missle, and throws the same way. Tad Stryker indicated we had 3 O lineman out for this game, little wonder we could not pass block or run block. We got to fix that line if we are to move forward.

Personally? We are better off not winning the division is our play is the same as it was last nite.

Ive been saying for a month now that this is the worst oline ive seen in my 30+ yrs as a fan.
And this staff made a huge mistake when they chose experience over talent and refused to play younger guys over conrad hahn knevel and utter. Coulda made a change or 2 several weeks ago but theyve stuck with and now we see the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back