• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great Huskers on Not-as-Great Teams

I'll vote for Train Wreck. If he had played on a better team, he'd be mentioned in the same breath with Butkus & Nitschke (& Suh).

And from the year after Novak graduated:

Bobby Reynolds

No, I'm not old enough to have seen them play. Just heard the stories from my Dad (who played across from Tom and in front of Bobby).
Novak and Reynolds are no brainers. Two of the all-time best NU players.

Great OP idea. Fact is, many of the Husker players IMO can be over rated or under rated based off the teams they played for.
Heres several.
Keithen McCant. If you were alive then, youd see a QB that ran the offense as smooth as any and threw the ball better than most options QBs weve ever had. If the guy plays in the early 80s or mid 90s, hes a legend. But he played in the era where are D got run over so bad that Mcbride and TO had to made the major changes.
Tyrone Hughes, Derik Brown, John Bostic (as mentioned) all about the same time. All 3 were at the top of their positions in Husker Lore IMO but because of the era and are never mentioned.
Johnny Mitchell at times gets forgotten
And as mentioned, guys from recent years such as Westerkamp, AA, Burkhead, Lavonte david.
Another IMO would be Demorrio Williams

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back