• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great Huskers on Not-as-Great Teams

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Curious to know who you think were great Husker players that were part of a team that was somewhat average.

Most recently, I'll have to say Ameer Abdullah. It's not that we didn't have other offensive talent around him (Armstrong, Bell, Weskterkamp, etc), but Ameer could have been a national title running back if he ran behind a line like Alabama or even Wisconsin as had lately.

Curious to know who you think were great Husker players that were part of a team that was somewhat average.

Most recently, I'll have to say Ameer Abdullah. It's not that we didn't have other offensive talent around him (Armstrong, Bell, Weskterkamp, etc), but Ameer could have been a national title running back if he ran behind a line like Alabama or even Wisconsin as had lately.
Joe Ganz

I thought about Suh as well. You hit the nail on the head with the statement about championship defense. When you've got guys like Crick, Dennard, Amukamara, Hagg running around, how can you not win a load of games?

They actually did win a lot of games....just not a few key ones that could have pushed them into big boy territory.... and one in particular for the B12 trophy....

Train wreck Novak
I'll vote for Train Wreck. If he had played on a better team, he'd be mentioned in the same breath with Butkus & Nitschke (& Suh).

And from the year after Novak graduated:

Bobby Reynolds

No, I'm not old enough to have seen them play. Just heard the stories from my Dad (who played across from Tom and in front of Bobby).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back