• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great end of the season run...

I'm going to put the over under at 24 hours. If there isn't an announcement tomorrow, who knows what happens. Tim is a better coach now than he was when hired - if they don't have the big hire ready to go, I could see a way to Miles still being the coach for a year.

The thing that this run should remind Miles - the gritty players that make his systems "work" aren't the transfer divas. Absolutely get Copeland, and Palmer, ok, Dachon Burke looks like a good one. But you need the gritty players to stick their nose in there on defense and make things happen.

I loved, LOVED, tonight when Borchardt was yelling at JPJ to move to where he was supposed to - I don't think Tanner ever could have done that without this run. I wonder if Roby can be that type of leader next year. I suspect, from watching Burke in warm ups and timeouts, that he's going to be a leader from the get go.

Anyways, I don't know that UNL can keep Miles around and not suffer on ticket sales, etc. Hoiberg seems to be the only person people are talking about. It seems too good to be true, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
I'm going to put the over under at 24 hours. If there isn't an announcement tomorrow, who knows what happens. Tim is a better coach now than he was when hired - if they don't have the big hire ready to go, I could see a way to Miles still being the coach for a year.

The thing that this run should remind Miles - the gritty players that make his systems "work" aren't the transfer divas. Absolutely get Copeland, and Palmer, ok, Dachon Burke looks like a good one. But you need the gritty players to stick their nose in there on defense and make things happen.

I loved, LOVED, tonight when Borchardt was yelling at JPJ to move to where he was supposed to - I don't think Tanner ever could have done that without this run. I wonder if Roby can be that type of leader next year. I suspect, from watching Burke in warm ups and timeouts, that he's going to be a leader from the get go.

Anyways, I don't know that UNL can keep Miles around and not suffer on ticket sales, etc. Hoiberg seems to be the only person people are talking about. It seems too good to be true, so I'll believe it when I see it.
Again, Miles staying would be an admission of failure. There are 5-10 very capable candidates that would put the program on a better path than we currently are. Another coach would create an identity, build a foundation, which we haven’t had (no matter how much I wish Miles had done), for the better part of 7 years.

I swear, im not a Miles hater. If you look back on my basketball comments over the last couple of years, though far less frequent than more recent, I am generally a Miles fan, or at least hopeful. The hope ran out this season. I’d prefer another run at a mid major than to stand pat.

Done with Hope... IF there were to be a year 8 ... it would have to be based on expectations & frankly, this program doesn't have positive expectations (only hope), which is exactly why TM's tenure needs to end.

TM got more time at DONU than both of his predecessors (Collier & Sadler) ... all three ironically peaked with a single NIT victory to move on to the 2nd round, where their "run" subsequently ended as well.

Congrats all around for a couple B1G tourney wins & DONU's first post season victory since 2008... (OMG more HOPE flashbacks :wow::Biggrin:) ... but DONU needs to aim higher :Sign2cents:

Last edited:
Done with Hope... IF there were to be a year 8 ... it would have to be based on expectations & frankly, this program doesn't have positive expectations (only hope), which is exactly why TM's tenure needs to end.

TM got more time at DONU than both of his predecessors (Collier & Sadler) ... all three ironically peaked with a single NIT victory to move on to the 2nd round, where their "run" subsequently ended as well.

Congrats all around for a couple B1G tourney wins & DONU's first post season victory since 2008... (OMG more HOPE flashbacks :wow::Biggrin:) ... but DONU needs to aim higher :Sign2cents:

We tend to forget, Collier resigned to take the AD position at Butler, he wasn’t terminated.

Miles won't be here next year. IF they wanted to keep him, it'd have to be a multi year deal. You couldn't just keep stringing him or the program along. Commitment one way or the other is needed. And the decision will be to move on from him.

We tend to forget, Collier resigned to take the AD position at Butler, he wasn’t terminated.
True dat... BC had the worst record of the three Nee successors & it's fair to say that the natives were restless.

Again, Miles staying would be an admission of failure. There are 5-10 very capable candidates that would put the program on a better path than we currently are. Another coach would create an identity, build a foundation, which we haven’t had (no matter how much I wish Miles had done), for the better part of 7 years.

I swear, im not a Miles hater. If you look back on my basketball comments over the last couple of years, though far less frequent than more recent, I am generally a Miles fan, or at least hopeful. The hope ran out this season. I’d prefer another run at a mid major than to stand pat.

Now that the season is done I agree. Miles is a good guy and I think he left the program no worse than we he started. The problem is it also is no better and he has no big plan for next season to improve. He got a small number of really good players and they seem to be good citizens. I really enjoyed his interviews and outlook.

.500 is what we got though with only a single NCAA bid in seven years. Results matter and he didn't produce those.

That being said we have the potential to be better. Great facilities and fan support. Here's to hoping we get better. Hoiberg checks all the boxes, except perhaps his perceived dislike for recruiting. If he can get a good set of assistants to handle that and wants the challenge I am on board.

True dat... BC had the worst record of the three Nee successors & it's fair to say that the natives were restless.
maybe could have been different for Collier if we would have been able to keep Jamel White. Harris, and McCray intact here. Plus with Alec Maric he had recruited a really good team if he could have held them together

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back