• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grant Wistrom on KOZN this morning with Benning & Vrzal

He always makes it to a few practices and typically shares cryptic thoughts.

I didn't hear him today on this, but DB is usually guarded enough that if he's thinking it's Gebbia, then it's most likely Gebbia.

Hate hearing that the defense has a long ways to go, but I'm not surprised given the product the last two years on the field.

DB cryptic? Did he say “Grandma may not know when the watermelon is ripe, but you can be certain the snakes will be in the barn”? How clear does he have to say it man?

He always makes it to a few practices and typically shares cryptic thoughts.

I didn't hear him today on this, but DB is usually guarded enough that if he's thinking it's Gebbia, then it's most likely Gebbia.

Hate hearing that the defense has a long ways to go, but I'm not surprised given the product the last two years on the field.
Depending what practice you go to can change your thoughts drastically.

I read that wrong and was thinking it meant the season before last, not the undefeated season. That aside, if he's talking just on command of the new offense and defense, it is impressive. If he's saying we are overall better at this point than UCF was last year at the same point I'll just take the "good lord" off my first comment so it's changed to "I'd hope so". I think our talent is better than UCF's was to a degree that should overcome a not quite as good command of the systems.

Side note question - was he talking bout defense too or just offense?

good question. (your defense or offense question) i'm not sure. i took the comment about what was supposedly heard to mean that we are farther along on the development/learning curve then UCF was in year 2. which, as you'd agree, would be impressive. Like you, i would hope we have better talent then UCF, but based on how bad NU has been lately, I'm not taking anything for granted. Also, we're both trying to formulate an opinion based on what somebody may have heard someone possibly say, or think they said, so we're all pretty much guessing at this point. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back