• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grant Wahl 'Dempsey eyes next challenge after historic season with Fulham'

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Grant is one of the top two or three soccer writers in the USA....great guy to trade e-mails with too...:)

I still see either Aresnal or Liverpool as the prime destinations....but you never know in football....

Wanting to play against the best may well guide Dempsey's club future, too. He hasn't said so explicitly, but it seems increasingly unlikely that Dempsey will sign the new contract being offered him by Fulham. One season remains on his contract, and he could well be a transfer target this summer for a Champions League team.

"They've offered a contract, and I just wanted to focus on my football and finish off the season strongly," Dempsey said. "I've always said I'm grateful for everything Fulham has done for me. Some of the best memories I have in soccer have been there. But the fact remains that I want to play in Champions League. I want to play at the highest level possible.

"I want to do as much as I can in my career and look back and say I made the most of all the opportunities I've had. I'm always going to want to play in Champions League. It's something I've never done. I'd like to test myself at that level. That way I can look back and say, 'Hey, I gave it a go. Either I was good enough or I wasn't good enough.'

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../us.scotland.preview/index.html#ixzz1vtgZ4M6O

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back