• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grant Tagge is N; walk-on from Westside

Very happy to have you on board. There is something to be said about bloodlines. Best wishes during your time at NU and beyond. GBR

I havent seen it mentioned.... but is this kid some relation to a former Tagge player, who had a pretty good run at Nebr Football, back in the day. In a way I hope so, In a way not..... That name is a alot to live up to, for any kid.

I havent seen it mentioned.... but is this kid some relation to a former Tagge player, who had a pretty good run at Nebr Football, back in the day. In a way I hope so, In a way not..... That name is a alot to live up to, for any kid.

He is. Not sure to what extent though. The article in the OP from the Omaha World Herald mentions:

“Nebraska is home for me,” said Tagge, a relative of former Husker quarterback Jerry Tagge. “I tried to keep an open mind going into the recruiting process, but with everything going on down there right now, and always working for the opportunity, I couldn’t imagine not being a part of it.”

Interesting that he eschewed a D1 offer from N. Ill. I mean every once in a while N. Ill. knocks off a B1G I've heard. This is the kind of player who can really make a difference and show the benefits of a strong walk-on program!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back