• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Graduate Transfer Keyontae Johnson (Florida) - Not expected to be a Husker

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Interesting Story; Collapsed on the floor from a heart condition in a game vs Fla State.

Husker visit; down to four schools, Nebraska, Memphis, Western Kentucky & Kansas State. Decision expected soon. (Not expected to be a Husker, presumably because of his heart condition. :( )

Last edited:
Interesting, this would be the highest rated transfer since Isaac Copeland, and arguably the highest regarded incoming player to Nebraska ever. Johnson was a high 4 star out of high-school.

From the article above, he was considered a mid-first round pick before his health scare. At 6'5", he's a big scoring guard with more polish than Bryce McGowens and as high a ceiling. As a late addition, he would be huge impact on the team, but potential culture issues. Hoiberg would take him in a heartbeat of course, and the team will just have to figure it out.

Interesting, this would be the highest rated transfer since Isaac Copeland, and arguably the highest regarded incoming player to Nebraska ever. Johnson was a high 4 star out of high-school.

From the article above, he was considered a mid-first round pick before his health scare. At 6'5", he's a big scoring guard with more polish than Bryce McGowens and as high a ceiling. As a late addition, he would be huge impact on the team, but potential culture issues. Hoiberg would take him in a heartbeat of course, and the team will just have to figure it out.
Of course, Hoiberg would take him because there is no substi...

Anyone read that UNL's medical staff did not clear Johnson, and that's the reason that he didn't consider Nebraska? I think part of it was the short time frame -- I really hope that Nebraska was just acting "with an abundance of caution" and that this kid doesn't end up with another medical incident or worse.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back